1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2011

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mac, Jun 21, 2011.

1. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Thanks, for the pics, _yoo, and welcome to the forum.

This is more about the styling than the collection itself, but I like this business with the substantial crewneck sweaters under suits and jackets:

[​IMG]

Also, as a guy who never wears a necktie, the lightweight scarf thing speaks to me.

2. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

Does Tom Ford suits comes with size 44/34US??
    Or do I smell a scam.....
    Experts please chip in. Thanks.

I seem to remember the Isetan department store in Shinjuku, Tokyo having smaller sizes of Tom Ford.

3. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

They're calling forward pleats..reverse pleats? Look how full those legs are! I am so happy all my Flusser and A&S pants I got handed down will still be fashionable.

4. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

Hmm, I've never seen one that small but it could be mtm
    Does Tom Ford suits comes with size 44/34US??
    Or do I smell a scam.....
    Experts please chip in. Thanks.

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

How large are the cuffs? Also, it looks like he's trying to bring back the too wide shoulder thing... which I don't like.

6. freddy23

freddy23 New Member

I agree with Loathing. Gotta have that brown otter coat. Any idea how much and where to find it? Thanks for any info.

7. jinkaz

jinkaz Member

Hey everyone!
    I wanted to hear opinions on:
    1)Look 23 - Grey felted cashmere with shaved beaver lining & leather detail.

2)Look 36 - Double cashmere military peacoat.

3)Look 33- Grey double breasted overcoat

can these items be worn in an office as well as a night on the town?

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im too lazy to go look them up again, but I always am a supporter of shaved beaver.

9. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

:eh:, whats that? The way its written Im thinking shaved pussy!? Im confused :puzzled: ... as to context.

10. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Never seen that size offered, but bear in mind that like RLBL these do run almost a full size smaller (the jackets anyway, but the pants seem to run fuller despite most OTR appear to be drop 7). TF definitely has a signature look - don't know of any others that are copying his style with the huge lapels. I agree about the shoulders being a little too broad/strong this season, and also don't care for the trousers with wide legs going all the way down the length of the leg to the ankle, but it definitely is a distinctive look... interesting to note that lots of the first looks have a more traditionally cut pant leg for the odd trousers, but for most of the suits he goes way wide... we got in a bunch of them and at first I was going to keep the navy ps in e48R, but I just couldn't get over the wide legs on me, so since sold...

11. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

I thought TF pants were a little trimmer cut than this collection?

12. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

I don't know about TF itself but it's not unusual for companies to make smaller sizes for some markets. I've seen the odd pair of Zegna size 42 dress pants at the near by outlet. Normally 46 is the smallest common size for dress pants in most Italian shops.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're making 44 suits for some markets. The same way they make bigger sizes for the US market.

13. Octoberfile

Octoberfile Senior member

I think the suits look obnoxious....but if you're 6', 115 lbs and color blind, you might be able to pull it off. :p

14. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Japan &c. probably. Same as the petite taille of Dior Homme.

15. DonGiovanni

DonGiovanni Active Member

I'll chime in. From a practical/symmetrical perspective, I like the wide shoulder/wide lapel look b/c I have a broad shoulders and look just silly with most jackets with a medium (3") or thin (< 3") lapel. I think most of this collection looks great and am glad for what most of you are calling a retro look.

16. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Hello?

Hello?

Of course Cornelianii is the maker of Polo tailored clothing, including the new wider-lapelled Garrison model pictured (available in SB peak or notch), but still, you can see the new sense of proportions spreading.

17. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Fair enough - good examples!

18. jinkaz

jinkaz Member

there has to be something you guys like about the collection!? some of the outerwear at least is definitely wearable for day to day.