Tom Cruise's Suit in Collateral

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CvilleStudent, Apr 24, 2005.

1. CvilleStudent

CvilleStudent Member

I just rented collateral (good movie, by the way). I like Tom Cruise's suit in it. Does anybody know who made it?

2. demeis

demeis Senior member

i think this was discussed earlier i couldn't find the thread though

3. Mike

Mike Senior member

There was a thread about it a few months ago, I think it was established, but can't remember. I think someone said it was a nameless Hong Kong tailor, as to establish Cruise as a guy who could blend in anywhere. Do a search, because I can't be totally sure.

4. demeis

demeis Senior member

We tied [​IMG]

5. CvilleStudent

CvilleStudent Member

I did a search on "Tom AND Cruise AND Collateral" and found two threads, but no suit maker. Maybe no one knows...?

6. Mike

Mike Senior member

(Mike @ April 24 2005,20:14) There was a thread about it a few months ago, I think it was established, but can't remember. Â I think someone said it was a nameless Hong Kong tailor, as to establish Cruise as a guy who could blend in anywhere. Â Do a search, because I can't be totally sure.
    We tied [​IMG]
    Nice..

7. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

There was an interview with the director and he said some random tailor in HK made it. No one ever found out who exactly it was. Besides, I'm sure you could have any tailor make a suit to those specs.

8. drljva

drljva Senior member

Indeed, the maker remains anonymous. What Mann said in an interview was that the suit was made by "the best tailor in Kowloon". Symbolic, he said, of the Cruise character's "worldliness".

9. Horace

Horace Senior member

(mack11211 @ April 24 2005,22:27) I believe I was one of the people who started the thread months ago. Â All the info posted above is the sum of what the group knows, in other words, the maker remains anonymous.
    Indeed, the maker remains anonymous. What Mann said in an interview was that the suit was made by "the best tailor in Kowloon". Â Symbolic, he said, of the Cruise character's "worldliness".
    I also remember Mann saying something about how he wanted a HK tailor because he wanted it not too nice -- not Saville Row -- but something bland and business like.