Tom Cruise's scientology indoctrination video

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Eason, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It's pretty impressive that he manages to say absolutely nothing and it takes him 9 minutes to do so

Considerably shorter than some of his movies, though. I'd call it an improvement.

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Why was that so incredibly vague and devoid of substance? It reminds me of a term paper written the night before due date without studying the material. What the hell...[​IMG]

3. Bogie

Bogie Senior member

Why was that so incredibly vague and devoid of substance? It reminds me of a term paper written the night before due date without studying the material. What the hell...[​IMG]

Don't question, just start laughing maniacally like Tom! HAAhhaaaahhhahahahh
    HAHHAHAHahha
    hahahHAHAHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAaaaaaaAAAAHHHAaa! [​IMG]

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Don't question, just start laughing maniacally like Tom! HAAhhaaaahhhahahahh
    HAHHAHAHahha
    hahahHAHAHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAaaaaaaAAAAHHHAaa! [​IMG]

Maybe Tom should have played the Joker in the new Batman movie.

Jon.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not afraid of this stuff, I just ignore it. It reminds me of the EST "movement" in the 80's. It gave people something to follow that allowed them to act selfishly and to manipulate others while a few guys at the top make piles of money. That being said, this description applies to just about any other cult as well as many mainstream religious groups that go astray.

6. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Atheism tends to leave people open to being sucked in to crap like Scientology. Find Jesus, Tom, Find JESUS!
    [​IMG]

Muslims would welcome him too, if he is sincere.

7. Bogie

Bogie Senior member

Yeah I like Jesus. I love Jesus. He's so much better than L. Ron Hubbard.

8. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

This video has inspired me to become a full-time Xenu-fighter.
    Thanks, Tom, for saving my life.

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

I know it's popular to bash on tom cruise, but is he any scarier than many christians or muslims that talk about their beliefs?
    I think the entire Internet is just one big race to see who can get this comment into threads first. Insightful!

10. Bogie

Bogie Senior member

I think the entire Internet is just one big race to see who can get this comment into threads first. Insightful!

Agreed. It's sad.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Damnit, if I'd have known it was a competition, I'd have done it back in post 2!

12. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

I like how the background music was basically the first few notes of the Mission Impossible theme song on loop. "Your mission, should you choose to accept it...is to be totally fucking insane."

I hate how the fact that he is continually devolving into more and more of a lunatic ruins the movies he was in that I liked a lot.

13. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

I like how the background music was basically the first few notes of the Mission Impossible theme song on loop. "You mission, should you choose to accept it...is to be totally fucking insane."

I hate how the fact that he is continually devolving into more and more of a lunatic ruins the movies he was in that I liked a lot.

From what I understand, Scientologists audit themselves using what is essentially a very crude lie detector (?). They subject themselves to this for hours a day for years, regressing into past memories and exorcising alien souls. No wonder Cruise is batshit insane.

14. Bogie

Bogie Senior member

"You mission, should you choose to accept it...is to be totally fucking insane."

[​IMG]

15. Stu

Stu Senior member

I know it's popular to bash on tom cruise, but is he any scarier than many christians or muslims that talk about their beliefs?

I find it a lot less scary for a preacher to tell me that following the beliefs of Jesus Christ can free one from drug addiction than hearing Tom Cruise say "We have the power....."