• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Brady done for season

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Finally, something we can agree on.
frown.gif

Where was that Mark Plano thread about the end times?

I was really hoping the Pats would redeem themselves, and now...
frown.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Where was that Mark Plano thread about the end times?

I was really hoping the Pats would redeem themselves, and now...
frown.gif

The Pats will be fine. They might not be Superbowl material this year, but I could definitely see them surprising a lot of people by winning 10 games without Brady.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's next? David Ortiz?
devil.gif

I'm not a Pats fan, but as a football fan in general, I think the game suffers when the best players are not on the field. Plus, Tom seems like a good guy even though he looks like a GQ model and dates supermodels.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was reading an article about this and how this might actually be a good thing for Belichick and the Pats. it was talking about how he is always thumbing his nose at the league by saying Brady is questionable for every game he plays.

but think about it. the Pats probably have a lot of pressure on them as it is. everyone expects them to make the Super Bowl if not win it all. Vegas odds were something like 2-1 or 3-1.

so Brady is injured and supposedly out for the season. pressure is off. Belichick with whoever as QB, goes lets say 5-5 for the first ten games. that's not out of the question. Brady miraculously comes back and goes lets say 5-1 for the rest of the season. 10-6 gets them a wildcard at least. they win that and the playoff games and are back in the Super Bowl just like that. much less pressure than the 18-0 last year.

anyway, that's my conspiracy theory and i'm sticking with it.

-Jeff

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Doug%20Flutie.jpg

Time to come out of retirement Doug!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
Brady miraculously comes back and goes lets say 5-1 for the rest of the season. 10-6 gets them a wildcard at least. they win that and the playoff games and are back in the Super Bowl just like that. much less pressure than the 18-0 last year.
Under NFL rules, players placed on injured reserve cannot come back that season. Brady really is done even if he makes a miraculous medical recovery.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch.
frown.gif

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
i was reading an article about this and how this might actually be a good thing for Belichick and the Pats. it was talking about how he is always thumbing his nose at the league by saying Brady is questionable for every game he plays.

so Brady is injured and supposedly out for the season. pressure is off. Belichick with whoever as QB, goes lets say 5-5 for the first ten games.

I know the Patriots have the easiest schedule this year despite winning every regular season game last year. But, the Patriots was a flawed team last year, with their defense getting old, and it was only to get worse this year with their secondary. The Patriots ran up the score last year partly to thumb their nose at everybody after Spygate, and partly to cover up their defensive shortcomings. After jumping up to such a big lead in those games, the Patriots didn't have to worry about stopping the run and could sit back on pass plays. With an aging defense this season, the Patriots were going to need to score a lot of points again. But, with Tom Brady out, it destroys their offense and exposes their defense.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by esquire.
I know the Patriots have the easiest schedule this year despite winning every regular season game last year. But, the Patriots was a flawed team last year, with their defense getting old, and it was only to get worse this year with their secondary. The Patriots ran up the score last year partly to thumb their nose at everybody after Spygate, and partly to cover up their defensive shortcomings. After jumping up to such a big lead in those games, the Patriots didn't have to worry about stopping the run and could sit back on pass plays. With an aging defense this season, the Patriots were going to need to score a lot of points again. But, with Tom Brady out, it destroys their offense and exposes their defense.

I hope not. I have it in 2 leagues.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Pats win 10 games minimum. Seriously.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The Pats will be fine. They might not be Superbowl material this year, but I could definitely see them surprising a lot of people by winning 10 games without Brady.

Originally Posted by Brian278

fing02[1].gif

Hells yeah, although I don't want them to.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278

Definitely.

And Cassel's a solid 250 yds/game avg.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time my friend had me pick his team in 1999; went with Marshall Faulk, E. Smith, Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce, and Trent Green (just bet the farm on Martz's system, basically). Of course, Green went down with the season-ending knee injury and despondently I call my friend: "Uh, I guess we'll have to go with this Kurt Warner guy......?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads