• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Told myself I would buy a new car for the New Year (AMG vs. Lambo)

TheDiesel

Reaction score
i really like the Mercedes AMG Package. I did a test drive this past week and it was amazing. Im looking at the S Class AMG Package It's at $200,000. http://www.mercedes-amg.com/index2.h...oom/models/s65 It's pretty fast and it is like a Luxury Sedan, so I can drive 3 people around in it. Holds for a comfortable ride, but can really kick it up. And there is the Lamborghini. The dream car. Id love this car, but I dont know if Its really for me. Im not a celebrity or an icon. Plus, Id hate taking it out in public; Im sure there will always be stares at me or a crowd gathered around this parked Monster. But if I can put all of that aside, its still an amazing car and an even more amazing thrill.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And....?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I really see no purpose in this thread other than you proclaiming that you can afford either of the two vehicles.

sloane3

Reaction score
Kid, do what my 6 year old did.

Buy both.

31054bk-4_box.jpg

36855bu.jpg

Germanicus

Reaction score
Well, you've got to prioritise. Either a 200000$ Mercedes-Benz or 1000 umbrellas.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not many people who could afford either car, with some exceptions, would be dumb enough to be debating on purchasing one versus the other. The serve two different purposes. I don't think any Mercedes is worth 200,000k. If you're buying it for wow factor, the lambo will go a million miles farther, and be a hell of a lot more fun to drive around.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
It really depends. Are you a professional baseball player or an eight year-old? Having driven them, I'd suggest an E63 or an R8 as better alternatives for grown-ups. That said, the eight year-olds I know really loved the orange Gallardo.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well he said 200k, so he is going for the s65 not the bitched out 130k s63

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sloane3
Kid, do what my 6 year old did.

Buy both.

FTW.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
News flash: the credit system is broken. This is not 2006. You can no longer take the equity out of your ****** suburban first-floor condo to start a lease on a new luxury auto to haul your "boys" around in that you'll never be able to afford to maintain and will probably write off in the first year. I recommend you put ********* away and consider a Jetta.

I vote to move this to DT.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manouche?

BTW new Kanye album sucks balls.

JanC

Reaction score
I don't know how serious this thread is, but for the Lambo, maintenance shouldn't be overlooked. You may be able to pay for the thing, but can you afford to keep it? However, your post makes you sound like someone trying to brag or simply making it up.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDiesel
i really like the Mercedes AMG Package. I did a test drive this past week and it was amazing. Im looking at the S Class AMG Package It's at $200,000. http://www.mercedes-amg.com/index2.h...oom/models/s65 It's pretty fast and it is like a Luxury Sedan, so I can drive 3 people around in it. Holds for a comfortable ride, but can really kick it up. And there is the Lamborghini. The dream car. Id love this car, but I dont know if Its really for me. Im not a celebrity or an icon. Plus, Id hate taking it out in public; Im sure there will always be stares at me or a crowd gathered around this parked Monster. But if I can put all of that aside, its still an amazing car and an even more amazing thrill.
OMG! You are such a high roller. You are, like, OMG SRSLY going to be COOLEST... i mean COOLEST... 10th grader EVER. OMG! Lambo? BEnz? Shiiiiiiiiiit. You are livin' the life, dude. Forget teh bad Ekonomiez... you made it, braaa. Peace out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads