1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Slim will share something new with you every day.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tokyo Slim, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

There's an Italian guy who likes to paint my photographs.

Sort of cool to see my pictures... differently. (sometimes, with strange DragonBall Z additions?!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I really do love this. But not as much as I love the "official response"
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Really? I like to defend myself by initiating contact and shoulder slamming people to the ground too. I mean, getting the hell out of the way, or sidestepping is nowhere NEAR as much fun, and makes it SOOO hard to defend yourself!

3. mcpaul

mcpaul Senior member

Awesomesauce.

I don't know what's more laughable: the actual tackle, or the fact that the QB was FLATTENED by the umpire!?

I missed Saturday's games this week, and would have loved to see this on the bigscreen.

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Really? I like to defend myself by initiating contact and shoulder slamming people to the ground too. I mean, getting the hell out of the way, or sidestepping is nowhere NEAR as much fun, and makes it SOOO hard to defend yourself!

Yeah, but if you have a huge guy in pads coming hard at you, you'd better get in on the action rather than just take it. Physics and all that. Had the QB hit him, the umpire (ref? what the hell) could have been seriously hurt.

b

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The umpire stepped into the player.

This is a great thread. However Tokyo, you know you are days away from a drunken Connemara version of this.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

The umpire stepped into the player. This is a great thread. However Tokyo, you know you are days away from a drunken Connemara version of this.
    I sort of doubt it. I don't drink. [​IMG] Look at the ref's footwork. Referees should not move like linebackers when the play is in motion. He literally looks like he's gunning for the QB way before the play comes to him. He's tensed, he has momentum towards the play, his legs are bent, feet about shoulder length apart, ready to pounce.

7. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

The comparison of Slim with Connemara is, as the Japanese would say, the difference between clouds and mud.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

The comparison of Slim with Connemara is, as the Japanese would say, the difference between clouds and mud.
    I hesitate to ask which is which in this instance, and why. [​IMG] I'd almost rather be mud - but somehow that seems derogatory. At least mud is useful. You can touch it with your hands. Stuff lives there. Clouds don't really exist. They are just vapor.

9. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I was thinking of respective order, but if you prefer mud . . .

The point is, the comparison is way off base.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. [​IMG]

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Three pretty good heist movies starring rather odd famous people, that most people may have never seen: The Good Thief Nick Nolte took some heroin in order to prepare for his role as a junkie/master-thief in this halfway decent 'one last big score' heist flick. It's no Heist But it's not at all bad. The Lookout If you ask someone like myself, who knows movies as well as I do, who the best, brightest, most promising actors of the future are - chances are, sooner than later, you will hear the name Joseph Godron-Levitt. Strange that he became famous for his work on the sitcom 3rd Rock From The Sun, and that his first major movie roles were in Halloween H20 , and 10 Things I Hate About You - But let me tell you - he is a talent in probably the finest possible meaning of that word. This movie is another Heist flick, and it starts off rather slowly - but only to properly develop Levitt's character. Seriously, go see it. Confidence Somewhat overlooked. Pretty fun. Some big fairly names (Dustin Hoffman, Rachel Weisz, Edward Burns, Paul Giamatti, etc) Would make a good double feature with Lucky Number Slevin.

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

The Good Thief

I love this film. Very dark, but very beautiful.

The Lookout
    Joseph Godron-Levitt

Again, I completely agree. In this case, with your comments on JG-L. I haven't seen this film, but what I've seen him in (Brick, for instance) is great.

Confidence
    Somewhat overlooked. Pretty fun. Some big fairly names (Dustin Hoffman, Rachel Weisz, Edward Burns, Paul Giamatti, etc)

Ah, I've never heard of this one. I will have to put it on the Netflix list.

I'll add: Flawless with Demi Moore and Michael Caine. Set in the 1960s and made in the tradition of that eras heist films. Simply a great story and wonderful acting.

b

13. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Again, I completely agree. In this case, with your comments on JG-L. I haven't seen this film, but what I've seen him in (Brick, for instance) is great.
    He was also in Havoc. With la Hathaway.

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This is one of my goals in life. I must do this.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I want to pet the pretty!

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This picture actually just put me in a slightly better mood.
    Thought I'd share it.

[​IMG]

17. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

18. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

F-ing love Special Ed. Especially....I'm the magnificent, with the sensational style...

b

19. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Excuse plz, where is the Slim with the updates?

K

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Excuse plz, where is the Slim with the updates?

K

Sorry buddy, had a really rough couple of days. update coming this evening.