• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tokyo Slim will recommend a movie 4 U!

Reaction score
slim help me out here. i like movies with midgets, cretins, idiots, and all manner of freaks. i already saw Browning's Freaks, Willie Wonka/Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Freaked, Even Dwarves Started Small, Wizard of Oz, all of Lynch's catalog. i know there must be more out there... i am vegetarian i am an aries i sleep on my stomach

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I am board!

Hmmm... you like anime? Nothing sucks up time and distracts me like a good anime series. Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, or the one I'm currently working through, Elfen Lied.

If thats not your speed, theres always some good 'ole car chase movies. Vanishing Point may be cool. Or pehaps something slightly absurdist like The Warriors?

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this thread were a dog it would be put to sleep.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
slim

help me out here. i like movies with midgets, cretins, idiots, and all manner of freaks. i already saw Browning's Freaks, Willie Wonka/Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Freaked, Even Dwarves Started Small, Wizard of Oz, all of Lynch's catalog. i know there must be more out there...

i am vegetarian
i am an aries
i sleep on my stomach

hmmm... check out Basket Case. If thats not really your speed - Crippled Masters is a somewhat enjoyable kung fu flick featuring an armless man joining forces with a legless man to kick (and punch!) ass.

And maybe In Bruges. But you've probably seen it.
The Rainbow Thief might be worth checking out... and of course, Willow!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
If this thread were a dog it would be put to sleep.

Hater! Go watch Batman and Robin, or Rocky V and leave me and my thread alone.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Seriously, i am providing a free of charge service here... anyone with beef can go play in traffic.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ok, I wanna see some kind of gambling or crime movie. I usually dislike glossy bullshit like James Bond or The bourne identity. The last 5 movies I watched were:

Street kings
Pollock
Ensemble c'est tout
Hard eight
Midnight run

I think I'll start listening to Gomorra in a few minutes...

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something as brutally funny as Withnail and I crossed with the production design of Vertigo, and perhaps starring Alain Delon.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Ok, I wanna see some kind of gambling or crime movie. I usually dislike glossy bullshit like James Bond or The bourne identity. The last 5 movies I watched were:

Street kings
Pollock
Ensemble c'est tout
Hard eight
Midnight run

I think I'll start listening to Gomorra in a few minutes...

I've suggested these "crime" type before, and I'll suggest them again:

The Lookout
Confidence
The Good Thief (also with some gambling)

As for "gambling" type movies...

The Cincinnati Kid
The Gambler
Kaleidoscope
Croupier
Factotum
Rounders
Havana

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
I'm looking for something as brutally funny as Withnail and I crossed with the production design of Vertigo, and perhaps starring Alain Delon.
Ehhh... thats a pretty specific request. Have you seen "Half a Chance"? To be perfectly honest, the French stuff isn't my specialty. Best I can come up with off the top of my head w/Delon. Without... maybe... uh... stuff with jokes... How To Get Ahead In Advertizing? I think it was done by the same guy as Withnail. Or Schizopolis was sort of funny in a relatable way I guess.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I feel like the country I love -- and with it my secular religion -- is going off a cliff.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I feel like the country I love -- and with it my secular religion -- is going off a cliff.
A Boy and His Dog. Delicatessen Red Dawn The Mist

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nostalgia.

Not in some cheezy retro sense, but the feeling you get after you run into someone you haven't seen in 10 years or so and reminice about old times; and it hits you just how much time has passed and how much the world has changed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Nostalgia.

Not in some cheezy retro sense, but the feeling you get after you run into someone you haven't seen in 10 years or so and reminice about old times; and it hits you just how much time has passed and how much the world has changed.

Now see, I have no idea what to say for this. Perhaps you should watch a movie that you loved when you were younger? Or I could think of a movie from that decade/time period/etc... that will achieve the proper "wow, I remember that!" type of nostalgic reaction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads