• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tokyo Hotel Synopsis Thread

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been searching all of Styleforum and there seems to be a lot of information in regards to Hotels in Tokyo, but the good information is all scattered. It would be nice to have a uniform thread.

I stayed at the Cerulean Hotel in Shibuya about a year ago, the room was around $150/night. Very nice and close to the Shibuya station. Never ate breakfast there so I can't comment on that.

I'm going back this year and am looking for something cheaper but similar since the price seems to have gone up at the Cerulean. Also, I didn't think or know to research some of the smaller hotels.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
happy.gif
lurker[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
happy.gif
lurker[1].gif

lol

Cerulean Tower is nice, at $150 that was a good deal, because their normal rate is about 25,000Y.
cchen in the pther thread was looking at Tokyu Stay Shibuya, it looks quite nice for the price, about 9500Y/single.

If you can read Japanese or know someone who does, get on some discounter sites, you can do far better; I showed cchen a site with an Aoyama-located hotel that looks quite nice, which normally goes for 12,400Y/night up, and they were selling Sunday-Thursday for 6100Y/night on the discounter page. Yahoo.co.jp can also turn up deals like this.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see from Stokely's response that this may have been covered before. If so, my bad. Thanks for the recs Impolyte

blackjack

Reaction score
The rooms are going to be really small (eg a single is 10 sq. meters) , but the price (single = Y 9,150/night) and location is pretty good. Hotel Excellent in Ebisu.
hotelinebisu.jpg
Mentioned in this 2005 NYT article “A Two-Day Tour of Tokyo, Stretching $500 Worth of Yen”. You might want to take a look at the b hotels - although none of them are located in Shibuya:
rooml01.jpg
This single is the same 10 sq. m dinky size as the Hotel Excellent - but is more modern ... maybe not worth the diff. b Akasaka ... 2007 NYT review. b Roppongi... near the scuzzy strip and raised freeway. b Ochanomizu... nice but quiet area. b Ikebukuro ... if you don't mind Ikebukuro which is similar to Shinjuku. b Sangenjaya ... far off in West Tokyo but nice area; not conveniently located. And, although these two new hotels are priced about the same as the Cerulean in Shibuya, they are somewhat intriguing.... if you are into Things Akihabara especially (not me): remm AKIHABARA
imgsingletype02.jpg
remm HIBIYA
imgsinglemain.jpg
Back to Shibuya ... Tokyu Stay Shibuya has 20 sq. meter singles from Y9,400/night. Nothing fancy or anything to write home about...
roomimg01.jpg

joonian

Reaction score
I stayed at Park Hotel at Shiodome station. Cool lobby, good French restaurant, rooms are slightly bigger than the average. Impeccable service. It's mainly a business hotel for media types (there's a newswire headquartered downstairs, Dentsu's building is across the street, and there's a TV station too, I think?). The biggest plus, though, is that you're a 10-minute walk from Tsukiji and its plethora of delicious morning and afternoon meals. Try the tempura udon stall that's packed with Dentsu salarymen at lunch.

I got a good deal booking though Tablet.

blackjack

Reaction score
I agree the Royal Park Tower Hotel is a good choice -- if you can get a deal below the normal rack rates. I also remember a friend managed to score a room for around Y15,000 or so. The Azabu Court Hotel is located in Hiroo and is technically more of a serviced apartment. However, their rates for stays under one week are still pretty reasonable at Y7,500 to Y9,150 for a decent-sized (20-22 sq. meter) studio apartment. Interior is 90's-era business hotel Americana.
standard2008.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics