• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ToJ0 Varsity - Legit Check

sif_muna

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm not sure if this is the right place for a thread like this but anyways, I want a legit check on this ToJ0 varsity I just received in the mail. I have two main concerns: 1. There's no logo patch on the inside, just under the neck. I recall seeing the Temple of Jawnz eyeball insignia on some pics of jackets. 2. The buttons themselves are fine but the snap-closure parts are slightly loose, so when I move around with the jacket, the buttons jingle, so it feels like low quality. Here are some more pics: Whole jacket:
IMG_2232.jpg
Opened up body: inside body material (blue checkered), inside sleeve material (olive green)
IMG_2233.jpg
Close-up:
IMG_2234.jpg
Right sleeve and pocket:
IMG_2235.jpg
Thanks for reading!

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who would fake ToJ????

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Who would fake ToJ????
Drew would be happy to know he's made it big for someone to counterfeit his products.

That's a Temple of Johnz varsity right there.

Kagemusha

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA a fake TOJ>?!?!?
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Come on dog, TOJ is awesome, but it doesn't have mainstream status like Prada or Gucci. Why would anybody be interested in replicating his products with such a small audience that even knows the brand exists?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's legit, dude. The mini blue checked cotton shirting lining for the body and the silk herringbone sleeve lining both check out. ToJ0s also had the jingly snaps whereas later editions of the varsitys have higher quality snaps. Also, since this was ToJ's very first product(when it was originally meant to be just a project for fellow forum dudes who wanted a slim fitting varsity), Drew didn't anticipate how popular it would get or how eventually this would become an actual brand, so tags weren't made yet. Tags only started getting added on when the ToJ1.5 Winter Varsity, the ToJ3 Harrington and the first leathers(1 | 2 | 3) came out. The only ToJ0s that have a tag sewn in are most likely returns or samples that Drew sewed on and sold during ToJ Samples Sales.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This does not need its own threak

sif_muna

Reaction score
haha all right thanks for the help everybody! Now I feel like a ToJ noob, which I am.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be more worried that someone tried to fake an H&M as a ToJ by removing tags and stuff, but I don't think anyone would fake a ToJ.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think it's fake, man....
redface.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads