• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ VTG COLLARED MOTO. YOU'RE NOT WORTHY. 51/52.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Forged in the darkest fires of Mt. Tojikawa, this jacket gives +15 to armor and +∞ to swag. Made from undyed, vegetable-tanned calfskin, it was stitched together, hide by hide, in purest dark, so that those laboring over it it did not lose their minds when they looked upon it.

One of the most impressive pieces of clothing I own. Heavy stitching, solid metal hardware, and a truly unique patina. This jacket will continue to darken and soften with wear. In ten years it will be amazing. Right now, it's probably at the softness level of new TOJ calfskin (although I have never handled that), and will continue to mold to the wearer's body. I have oiled it a couple of times, and given it one coat of obenauf's for water resistance, but I haven't put enough wear on it to really see more than a little bit of creasing. It is honestly closer to some crazy artisanal CCP piece than your usual TOJ CM.

This leather is no longer available, and makes the jacket pretty special. I'm not entirely sure I want to sell it, but I tend to reach for softer things when I go out, and could certainly use the money. Ironically, I wasn't worthy either. It makes me pretty sad, but all things must pass. A good jacket for bikers and rough-wearers; I think this thing could stop a train.*

The final note is that the right cuff isn't perfectly aligned. This doesn't affect wearability at all, but does result in the slight bowing of the cuff. I've pictured this.

Measurements are as follows:

Men's VTG collared moto:

shoulders, front 18.7"
Shoulders, back 17.8"
chest (pit-to-pit) 22.7"
midsection 19.3"
waist 19.6"
body length, front 24.5"
body length, back 26.8"
sleeve length, from shoulder 27.0"
sleeve width @ pit 8.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 7.0"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.8"

It will fit anywhere from a 50 to about a 53, I would say. The chest is fairly generous, and I can easily layer a sweater underneath. However, it still looks as slim as any TOJ. A truly great pattern.

Original retail was over 800$ - not the same as standard calfskin. Price includes shipping within the UK. Get in touch with me if you're somewhere else, because this jacket weighs a lot.

*Statement not approved by FDA

Attachments

• IMG_9103.JPG
    IMG_9103.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9104.JPG
    IMG_9104.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9105.JPG
    IMG_9105.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9106.JPG
    IMG_9106.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

tellure

Reaction score
Plus infinity to swag, lol. great writeup

HansPhonetic

Reaction score
Oozes cool! I've been wanting one for some time but TOJ cancelled the model... =[

If this was my size I'd be a hella lot poorer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics