TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

<200 for trousers seem great, would definitely be interested. I'm curious as to how the jeans will turn out, I've pretty much given up on jeans since I can't find any that fits me as well as the NS, probably due to small waist and larger hips and upper block.

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

^ reading through that link came across that BC tan suede a1 with grey ribbing among others, that tan/grey combo looks sharp, possible to BBall jacket adaptation?

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

With all these denim talk, I am not sure if it's been discussed in the past few pages or not, but is a denim jacket with leather sleeves possible? I just sent my DRKSHDW denim jacket back because the leather sleeves were way too thin.

5. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Anyone know of a reputable shop in LA that does good work on leather jackets? The zipper on my DR recently came off and I was trying to find a place to get it fixed.

[​IMG]

6. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

yes i would definitely order a denim jacket with leather sleeves

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

we probably aren't making a denim jacket with leather sleeves. you guys will thank me in 6 months when Crooks and Castles makes a huge sleeved one and the whole style is nulled. it fits in our playbook, but I think it's a dumb idea - that and kvnkrnd tried argue with me that the DRKSHDW one with the stonwashed denim body and paper-y leather sleeves on 50-60% discount was the equivalent of a TOJ full leather jacket. In that case, let the hamburger eaters have hamburgers, the rest of us will have salads and steaks. Whateva.

8. willy cheesesteak

post #4354 & post #1764

Edit: Drew beat me to it, lol.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I remember those discussions but back then, denim wasn't in the ToJ equation but it seems Drew has more access to it now.

I think you should still consider it Drew, or at least keep it in mind. Crooks & Castle and all other brands out there made their own version of the varsities too but most just turned out horrible in both fit and quality. DRKSHDW is still the only brand I know that consistently comes out with denim jacket/leather sleeves combo every season and so far, no hypebeast brand has jumped on the bandwagon yet.

And as an RO leather fan myself, that DRKSHDW jacket isn't even worth it even at 70% off retail I got it for. I believe that if you feel the leather on that jacket Drew and see the price they are charging, you'd start weeping on the spot or just uncontrollably pee yourself from laughing. Leather was that bad.

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I've been here for leather work (repaired stitching), no idea how he is with hardware, but his leatherwork was good and not too expensive

11. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Toj trousers sound amazing... glad the elastic waist concept is still in the design. Seems pretty interesting and make the waistline cleaner... I bought some 3sixteens recently, but I love wearing trousers so much more than denim... feels more natural for me.

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

How about a denim jacket (sans leather sleeves)? I don't really know why I'm asking, other than that it seems like something that could fit in with the rest of the ToJ cookbook now that denim is an available ingredient.

Oh, yeah, and I think some tall guy posted a while back about custom denim jackets for tall guys, so stock sizes with optional added length could be a draw.

13. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

so suede a-1's are $550?

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

15. willy cheesesteak