TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Drew,

Who do you think is the oldest dude rocking ToJ stuff? I can't help but feel that I'm one of those in the grandpa side of the spectrum.

Bball jacket has been sold. Now seriously trying to resist a varsity. :embar::foo:

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

gdl

3. lowk

lowk Senior member

on my tracking it says delivery was unsuccessful due to an insufficient address and its being sent back to the sender, is it possible that it might have to do with me living at a school dorm?

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

You aren't even close to my age afaik, you aren't even in the middle of the age spectrum. I am gonna make my dad a jacket at some point so the age spectrum will go even higher up. There's a number of guys in their 40's who wear plenty of TOJ, and do so well. Remember that guy a few pages back who was wearing a Bomber and a beanie and was like, 47?

lol, what the hell? gdl is always on about being older than everybody but I think if I recall, he is only like 4 or 5 years older than me.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

man your parents are young.
    and yeah that is why i mentioned 'gdl' off the top of my head

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

what? my dad is 60, man. Not that young. gdl self-ages himself in his posts, but guy isn't that old.

I think winner for most 'aged' young poster on styleforum is Mr. Moo and his extensive collection of two-tone handgrade spectator shoes - but he doesn't have any TOJs yet, so he is disqualified. :eek:

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

oops, read 40's in the wrong context.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Haha, that's reassuring. After my birthday a couple of months ago...I feel old as dirt, man. I'm only about 4 years younger than you are. I gotta double up on my Flintstones Vitamin for grown ups now.

Your dad will surely be the outlier.

I always assumed that most of your customers are the undergrad age bracket, 18-23 yrs old.

I wish I have more time to lounge around here like the old days. I'm out of the loop on stuff now.

9. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Seconded. I don't know how much demand there is for this at the moment, I think uncontrol may have been the only other person who brought it up. I think APC and 3Sixteen are the only brands who make a black jean in a cut I like that fits me. It would be nice to have some other serious options down the line, especially as I'm starting to prefer overdyed black denim over raw at the moment. But if you make a raw black denim that ages like Samurai's or The Flat Head's I'm in :nodding: Regardless, I'm looking forward to what other things TOJ has around the corner. I'm still interested in a bag and what we might see with the new canvas.

I put in my order for my fishtail too. I'm hoping I can get in a month, it just got hella cold over here.

10. Kross

Kross Senior member

Do you have any plans for any new leather pieces this year or is this one going to be focused on waxed cotton/denim/trousers

I just saw this geller jacket on Tumblr and thought about how next level it would be if TOJ made a new leather.

11. style_man

style_man Well-Known Member

what will pricing be like for ToJ trousers/jeans?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

12. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

I'm 6'5 so hoping the TOJ jeans at least will have a 36 inseam, 35 would work but is slightly shorter then I like it.

13. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

Seconding black jeans, if volume of demand is a thing.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

14. meego

meego Well-Known Member

interested in both toj trousers and the jeans (especially if they are available in a black overdye)

here are some long overdue pictures of my toj1 which i received a couple of weeks ago

its summer here in australia hence the shorts, it was 39 degrees celsius yesterday

ive handled the anniversary model and this new varsity just kills it with the new ribbing, it just feels and looks meaner

at first i was also very reluctant with drew's choice of the raglan sleeve but its grown on me, and it was foolish of me to doubt drew's work

the fit is fantastic, but they werent kidding when they said the sleeves were slim

i work out as well so i guess i probably shouldve mentioned that in my email, so its a little tight in the shoulders and the chest when zipped up (not a biggie though)

it was a stock 46, i probably couldve gotten away with a 48 in 46 lengths

thanks again team!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Reading this thread has got my head all weird. Dreaming about duck canvas bare-zipper quilted lined moto Frankenstein jawnz...idea seems heinous now but it was an instakop in my head