TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

None really, just asked for a relaxed fit if you are planning to go on gear, I doubt you'll be going from 150lbs to 200lbs in the span of three years or less. And even if you do, most mass will be packed on the upper torso and glutes/quads.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

1.06 is really tight. The ratio thing is only for the p2p, mostly. Other measurements use different ratios, so don't worry about those. Just give us your actual body measurements according to method A on the TOJ site, and we can get you a perfect fit.

1.05-6 = really tight
    1.08 = slim, perfect fit
    1.09-1.1 = slim, slightly relaxed fit.

3. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

What is that ratio thing??

4. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Chest / 2 * ratio.

5. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Do these ratios take into account the fact that the P2P of the jacket does not necessarily line up with the widest part of your chest, or are they using the most conservative estimate, i.e. they do line up? Relaxed, my chest measures 42 around its widest, but I can still fit into shirts that measure exactly 21 P2P because of the misalignment

6. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

We had a discussion about that earlier, and it works. My torso circumference at its widest now is also 42 inches and I just took a shortened 48 for a DR. I grew about an inch around the chest between March and now and it still fits fine. Remember the way that your torso is shaped if you do lift, from my understand the upside down triangle shape means that the widest part is right under the armpit where the lats flare out the most. Honestly, I just sent an email to Charly and trusted his advice.

7. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Did you tell them that when you ordered? I just said "I might gain up to 5 pounds from working out" and trusted them to do the rest. I would guess they know how to account for it.

8. IDH

IDH Senior member

Thanks for this Drew. Following this formula my 34" chest divided by 2, multipled by 1.08 gives 18.36 - so 18.5" should give a good fit.

D you have similar formulas for midsection/waist? It might be those measurements that are off?

Thanks for the help :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

10. redonya07

redonya07 Active Member

Agreed.

The only ones I like other than TOJ (obviously) are the Gant Rugger and Golden Bear Cunningham.

11. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

At least they saved the best for last.

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'm kinda surprised they posted the Gant Rugger wool varsity instead of the homerun jacket. Then again, I think that retailed for a grand, and maybe they had a price cutoff.

13. impolyt_one

why did they use that picture? :( We can supply a better picture, I think...

14. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

This also means the date for the TOJ1 discontinuation will be pushed back? :happy: Might just get both bourne and black TOJ1s if it's so.

Also, Drew, just to confirm, how likely are you gonna do jeans? Before I go for a pair of Sam 710s.

15. impolyt_one

We're gonna do jeans, I am determined now and the pieces are in place. Making clothes is not a fast food thing though, so if you need jeans, buy some - TOJ jeans may not be out til your jeans are ready for their first wash. :eek: I have sourced several manufacturers, the fabric and hardware distributors/makers, and I know the design down to the stitch colors, so I've been kinda worming along on those on my own over here in Tokyo. It's gonna be at least a couple trips out to the sticks, like 4 or 5 hour train rides each way. I am ready to do it though - because I need some new jeans. :eek:

What I am looking for right now is to either make some money to put in the R+D pot to move on with those, or possibly taking a small loan to make an R+D cash drawer for specific projects (i.e. jeans), probably from my grandma or something. :eek: Never had a real R+D budget before but as things get a bit bigger and more serious, then the preparations and tools must be made.