1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

We'll have that size. Needless to say, the trousers aren't gonna be MTM, they're gonna be stock sized so that they maintain a look - but since the sizes will be graded every inch in the waist, there'll be a size for everybody, and MTM will not be necessary. It will make production faster and we might be able to stock a few pairs here and there for instant sending.

jakekrait gave me a heads up on some Japanese selvedge twill for the chino version, which is a good idea, I will be looking into that today. These can maybe be the first outing of TOJ made with Japanese small-batch selvedge fabrics.

2. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

if it fits even better than wings and horns, i'm pretty sold
    the japanese twill cotton sounds fantastic, but will that drive the price up to above 200

3. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Will these trousers and chinos be wearable by gentlemen with larger thighs?

4. impolyt_one

hard to say, because the definition of 'large thighs' is arbitrary mostly... the pants will ride a bit lower than your typical trouser, they are mid rise and modern. What kind of hip to thigh ratio are you talking about?

In general, I will caution that these pants are for slimmer to normally built guys. Not for everybody, but definitely for the guys who want nice slim fit trousers but have a hard time finding acceptable quality ones.

They will be hand made, one-man, one pair at a time still. These aren't a foray into mass production. Not MTM, but as I said, making that many patterns is unnecessary cost...

5. style_man

style_man Well-Known Member

what do think pricing will be for the trousers?

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

What's the leg opening gonna be measuring to, roughly?

7. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

when can i throw my money at you

8. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Definitely interested in the trousers as I, too, was planning those as a next purchase.

And the pics of that apparently semi-random guy in the chesterfield are pretty stunning, indeed. Those pretty much single-handedly make me wish I had one.

9. GBear

GBear Senior member

Answered most of my questions. I'll have to hit you up post-release with measurements though. I'd want a pair that isn't so tight, won't ride up my ass crack and expose man camel toe.

10. Grug

Grug Senior member

Drew,

The shipping company has tried delivering my MDR twice to Daniel, but apparently the address you gave me is incorrect - Dan's not there, and they say the emails they've sent to you guys haven't been answered.

They want Dan's phone number so they can finally get it to him.

I've shot you through an email about it, if you could get back to me asap that'd be appreciated.

11. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Edit: BLAAAAAGH had the page open for a while and didn't see the second page before I posted. Ignore this post.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  12. impolyt_one

sent you a PM. His address should be okay, as we've been receiving mail through his address meanwhile.

13. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

The pants that are featured in the discontinued section of the gallery - is this the example for what your new pants will look like?

The single pleats remind me of something trendy that would come from Zara a high-end designer.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I would just like to curse all of you skinny people.

D - The Moto is sweet. Prob go for that. What do you mean by 4 zippers vs. 2? Are you talking about the ones on the sleeves? I only see 2 on the lower body.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

4 pockets, 2 at the chest, 2 at the bottom.