TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

+1. You going to start doing round the world shipping for returns? Feet are way different than shoulders.

2. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Hmm. It's been interesting seeing the brand develop I've the past few years, Keith. I think I'll be starting a TOJ fund (already contributing to an engagement ring/wedding fund) so we'll see how this pans out. Must. Get. Swag.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

We aren't doing returns. The sizes would be clearly explained and sizing help is always available. Did you read the last post I made regarding sizing? It's not rocket science.

Also, there probably wouldn't be enough made in the first place - we have limited resources and make what we can, but do not overproduce.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Come on Drew. Of course I read the post. I have no dog in this fight, since you'll never make my size, but I was just pointing out the obvious. If you've ever paid attention to any of the shoe threads in MC, you'll know how ridiculously difficult it is to stay consistent with one size across all brands. Even if you have a relatively average foot. All I was sayin.

5. impolyt_one

Yeah I know, but we have to stay within a frame of reasonability... or we will never have nice things :fu:

6. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I am sure this has been discussed before, but Drew and you comment on whether or not there are certain pieces that will be perennials of the TOJ offerings from year to year? I am saving my pennies for an A2 but at the rate I'm going it'll be another 9-12 months before I'll have enough (I like my job but it is far from lucrative). All this talk of side-zip anaconda sneakers is making me nervous that before I've saved enough, TOJ will go in a different direction and I'll never get my bomber.

7. impolyt_one

haha. I think the A-2 will stay around long enough for you to get one. I will never stop making leather jackets, I like them too much, and as long as they're not turtleneck object-dyed cow dong leather with 10 Riri zippers on them, a leather jacket is still go-to for men's style...

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't own nice things, because I'm a mutant.

check out my PM when you get a chance.

9. impolyt_one

I did man, we don't make customs.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

when are you going to discontinue the moto 2011?

11. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I think most things TOJ makes are great, if not my personal style and I've learned the hard way that it's necessary to jump on things that you want as soon as you see them or you may not get a second change, so it's a relief to hear you say that.

Also thanks for inadvertently answering my question about a custom order I had...

12. impolyt_one

I'm not sure, tbh, about the 2011 Moto. Just like the 2010 DR, I like it enough to keep it longer than a year and probably misnamed it, lol - the design has time left in it and I don't have anything else I'd want to add/take away from that one really.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Ah, exactly what I wanted to hear. The only other thing would be that if you suddenly found another supply of calf leather in various colors... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

What do you mean specifically? You don't mean Americana and neo-Americana right? Because we are already well into that already in most of the SF world.

I agree with this. The best Rick designs are just riffs on classics, and they have a few more years to run. We already know what the silly Rick stuff is, and few people think that has any longevity.

Also there is nothing wrong with buying a few things with the knowledge that they will be unwearable in 3 years. Who cares.

15. fiasco

fiasco Senior member

any chance of patterned shirts making a comeback? I swear its the best fitting shirt I have and i made a mistake of not stocking up.