1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

lmao i was like lmao. someone outgrew the S&P thread/10

2. gong

gong Senior member

Strong miscers ITT...you brah's aware?

1 person likes this.
  3. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Every day Ribkin turns another 90 degrees to take a new picture... one more man!

1 person likes this.
  5. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

6. Leuven

Leuven Member

7. hipster

hipster Senior member

aaaaaaaarrrrrghhhhhhhh i want a red qdr so much

also tuborg is GOAT beer

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  8. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

CWU belongs in black lamb only. However, that first pic is definitely it in brown lamb.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

[​IMG]

*disclaimer: Wily, don't post this to the TOJ site*

First TOJ leather, just wanted to throw up a fit pic to see what people thought. Copped from B/S so all things considered, I think it looks pretty damn good. Sorry for the gym shorts and communist party t-shirt, I'm in the middle of finals which means I'm slumming it in the name of comfort. Honestly the best leather jacket I've ever handled personally, never considered myself the type of person to pull it off but I love it. Cant wait to hit the bars after I'm done and feel like a total badass.

10. istasi

istasi Senior member

Looks good bro, now you just need to step up the rest of your outfit to match.

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

this probably won't go over well...but I'm kind of happy about MTM going away. Too much stressing about a 1/2" in the chest and .7 inches in the shoulder, too much wondering "what if I had made this bit just a touch longer." As long as they're cut tall and slim enough for fit guys who are 6'1" I'll be pretty happy.

5 people like this.
  12. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

I'll probably be happy too if we still get the choice of colours (not too fussed over material choice).

13. amart

amart Member

Yeah brah.

I can't wait to provide some pic's of my 4 zip in Dark whiskey. Should be another month or two.

14. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

I trust the standard TOJ fit when it comes to everything but the length, I usually have to add 2" in sleeve and body length to have them fit me best, so the departure of MTM may not treat me kindly :(

15. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

It wouldn't be too outlandish for him to offer long sizes, as that's probably the most common variance people legitimately need.

1 person likes this.
  16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

correct.

2 people like this.
  17. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

I'm dreaming of a murdered out buzz rickson quality MA-1 slimmed down and made much more minimal by drews touch. [​IMG]

I was wondering is the new toj going to have seasons and a more cyclical and innovative creation of clothes? Branching out to more pieces than outerwear? [​IMG]

18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The problem with MA-1's is not so much the sllmness (well, ok, some could be slimmed down a bit) - but rather their lengths, most have proportions to fit a man about 5'4 and 175lbs. The patterns must be redrawn. I think volume is a good thing, if it has a purpose - and in the case of an MA-1, you get thick wool batting inside one that is properly well-made according to repro specs, so if that level of manufacture could be translated to a modern fit = all gold. There are other ways to go above and beyond the historically accurate repro-level quality in terms of shell fabrics and stuff, but I am still deciding. For example, Toyo has the license on those Crown repro zippers; I think it's cute that they do that, but it's unnecessary for a TOJ and I'm not sure they would offer them to me anyway. I am talking to Riri and other brands about the possibility of using their products in the next phase.

Beyond MA-1's though, there are a lot of great things I want to make using the base of knowledge and resources within Japan, and I think they'll result in some excellent clothes. It's been 3 years of me wanting to do a lot of things but feeling somewhat limited by the resource pool in Korea - and now those hurdles no longer stand. We've made the MA-1 in silk, in gore-tex, in technical nylon laminate; now it makes sense to explore other makeups and patterns. I felt like me and Dan spent 3 years walking around the wholesale marketplaces in Korea whining about stuff we wanted to make but couldn't find the materials or manufacture for; now that I am in Japan, the all of my wishes have come true and have fell in my lap, and now it's on me to step up with the product concepts. It shouldn't be too hard though, to make some amazing stuff.

1 person likes this.
  19. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

I geek out on utilitarian textiles and obviously I would love to see some weather minded garment living in a very cold place with a weather that changes several times a day. What I was wondering is if new toj would have thematic seasonal clothing along with a mainstay of pieces that are "classics". I like when brands have a key inspiration that spurs on a season, making everything in that season very cohesive. One brand that does a great job of this is heritage research, which has an underlying theme that holds the brand together; updated military and being a history geek this makes me weak at the knees. Every season though they pick an era; this ss 12 is based on vietnam; with lots of tiger stripes. Last year was more of a pt boat jfk look with chinos and chambray shirts. I think that toj would benefit from that type of vision.

On the other hand that might estrange some customers, I for example am not a fan of anything related to any motorcycle based aesthetic, if a season was rooted in an updated 1950's greaser look. I probably would not make any purchases. I think its pretty cool how you have done so well in updating and really appropriating so many different looks to make something that most of us could easily recognizing as being toj

20. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

that was your post #303 :nodding:

2 people like this.