TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

the s2s on the jackets should hit the very corners of your shoulders. It can differ from your shirt measurement, depending on how you wear your shirts.

Thanks dude. 17.5 falls right at the edge of the shoulder so I'll email Charley about how I should take measurements exactly.

2. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

ok... uhh I got the sample sale ready, but nobody is awake, lol.

my last visit was 5:57 AM this morning Eastern time...i was out the door for the day before the sale was even ready

checked this morning before i left to see if it was up yet...everything is to small for me i think...can't be certain though since i don't have a basis for comparison

people in this thread make me feel so brolic

3. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

PSA for measuring guidelines (it would be great if these were on the unofficial site!):

Yes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And regarding s2s measurements (since TOJ's method may be different than some are used to):

I use the perpendicular point where the sleeve meets the shoulder in a 'T' on the garment - it should measure the same front and back; and I like a shoulder seam (not the sleeve meeting the body, the seam that is created from the front/back panels of the body here) that rides a little high down the shoulders, makes people look a little more upright and taller if you go up higher there.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I don't use that first chart

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

In regards to the chart for the peacoat, I thought you can only choose the lengths of the sleeves and body in addition to the stock sizing on every other specs?

6. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

hm...fuck charts,

just measure ur best fitting jacket

7. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

my chest is like the hulk. lol.

dude, 19" shoulder is true large.

my medium jackets measure 19" in the front s2s and larges are 19.5" -20"

oh nvm toj measures that way, yeah 19" is large

8. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

Why are all the pictures of the moto on the toj pixi site from that weird short guy "graphic novelty" or whatever? Theres like 10 pics of him and no one else and he looks either freakishly short or insanely ill proportioned and as a result im having a hard time grasping what the moto really looks and fits like on a normal sized person with normal length legs in clothes. Id like to see new pics especially pics with the jacket worn open and not all zipped up and buttoned as no one really wears moto jackets thatwayunless theyre at 120 on a bike (as I often am). Just copped a calf dr and thinking of scooping a burgundy fqhh moto but its difficult when all available images are crap.

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Why are all the pictures of the moto on the toj pixi site from that weird short guy "graphic novelty" or whatever? Theres like 10 pics of him and no one else and he looks either freakishly short or insanely ill proportioned and as a result im having a hard time grasping what the moto really looks and fits like on a normal sized person with normal length legs in clothes. Id like to see new pics especially pics with the jacket worn open and not all zipped up and buttoned as no one really wears moto jackets thatwayunless theyre at 120 on a bike (as I often am). Just copped a calf dr and thinking of scooping a burgundy fqhh moto but its difficult when all available images are crap.

It's because he's pretty much the only person that has posted pics of a new one and the owner of the site puts up any picture, good or bad. If you want to see how that jacket fits then just look at the old ones; it's almost the same thing.

10. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

^Basically. I add any and all photos of ToJ gear to the gallery whether it be from the ToJ threads on Styleforum/Superfuture or Buy/Sell/Supermarket or any other sources I stumble upon. This is to show a variety of fits, for the people like me who just love looking at the product who can never get enough, and for guys/girls who don't have the time to constantly check the threads for fit pics that have been posted so they head to the gallery to see what's the latest. If there aren't any "nice" pics, then nice pics haven't been taken/posted.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

hm...fuck charts, just measure ur best fitting jacket
    All my jackets fit like shit brah

12. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Can't explain why, but reading woodyear's post made me want to punch him.

13. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

I get that reaction alot, ex girlfriend used to say i have a personality disorder of some sort...just kinda makes me lulz when ppl get all butthurt especially if its over the internet.

14. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

Just copped a calf dr and thinking of scooping a burgundy fqhh moto but its difficult when all available images are crap.

If you don't mind waiting 3-5 weeks, I've already got my order in for a burgundy FQHH moto. I promise I'll take decent pics when I get it.

15. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

If you don't mind waiting 3-5 weeks, I've already got my order in for a burgundy FQHH moto. I promise I'll take decent pics when I get it.
    Nah i dont mind, just ordered a dr bout 2 weeks ago so i have to wait till i get that to make sure my measurements were correct and charlys sizing was on point, before i can even consider ordering another piece. All this waiting has me nervous that i somehow botched my measurements and my jacket will fit like this guys https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj_dr_fw10/lkxsnipez.jpg.html Not to mention i gotta scrape together another 800 bucks, prob 1300 since ill likely order a chesterfield also.