TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

YES to daypack

no to combo! Id really want an all leather one, would the combo be leather/canvas, leather/suede?

actually a leather/suede sounds awesome :foo:

2. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Do you think the daypack will be in the sub $300 range again if you bring it out? If so, I'm down to buy a blacked out one, especially if you make one with black lamb :D

Old suede one here btw: http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/daypack/

3. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

daypack needs to have stronger straps. maybe a cordura/leather combo for the straps to enable heavier load bearing. Was always afraid of overloading my older suede toj daypack, since it already snapped once.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yeah. later we figured out it was limited to the green run only, and it was the maker's fault as he'd shaved the suede just a smidge too thin. The other colors weren't shaved. We've repaired a few of the green ones free of charge each time a claim comes forth, but the other colors have been fine, so it was a material/maker interface thing. Got it sorted out but it'll probably linger until all the green ones have been revised.
    If we do the daypack again, it won't be suede, and the maker is well aware after repairing the green run that he would change the strap anchoring design.

5. bows1

bows1 Senior member

6. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

Quit teasing with the idea of a daypack and let me know what it will cost so I can start saving!! Lol.

7. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

not complaining or anything, I love the daypack, but just thought that it was an issue worth raising. If there was another run of the daypack, would definitely purchase it as a thrasher pack. leather/camo goretex combo would be freaking awesome.

8. impolyt_one

highly unlikely I'd make a black lamb daypack. I just can't get down with that look, i get flashbacks to the mid 90's and the Wilson's leather backpacks, lol. It was such a trashy look. Plus, too expensive now to hope to make and sell one for $300. Takes about half the leather and a little more than half the labor of a leather jacket to make something like that, so a cheaper material would be needed, or the price would have to be adjusted up. Plus you don't really want leather on leather, surely? I am trying to avoid being the leatherdaddy here, so some modicum of restraint is in order and not doing a full leather backpack is a lot easier.

I was thinking more along the lines of a mixed leather/waxed canvas or a wool v2 Daypack - I got some ideas for it. Same basis, remix of materials. It'd turn out nice, though.

9. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

I definitely want a durable and slouchy daypack.

10. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

with a camo bukkake lining. if that is the case, pm me the price and I'll pay immediately.

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

My seabag broke :( leather was fine, but one of the metal buckles snapped in half. Goes to show how strong that horsehide is.

12. impolyt_one

we can repair it, no worries. Talk to me later and I can set you up a repair.

13. impolyt_one

based on what, the Porsche? My supposition was also assuming the product would be aesthetically appealing at the same time, as a given :devil:

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

I like this look.

[​IMG]

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I'm down to Cotton + leather blend as long as you guys provide repair service :slayer: