TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Or it's just a good way to eat food you like at relative bargain... added bonus is that it's generally healthier too.

2. Thermidor

Thermidor New Member

Looking for a horsehide motorcycle jacket... any chances of FQHH being available anytime soon?

3. vocalbrah

vocalbrah New Member

to all that asked, yes I believe it is light whisky. Man, to be honest, i didnt really jizz in my pants, but if there were ever a moment for a man to do so, it would be while trying on his first toj for the first time. Someone said it before, and I totally agree, it is like wearing armor...that is bullet proof, and gives an aura of swag lol.
    A question for dr owners, when you first got the jacket, was it a bit hard to unzip it?

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The zipper will zip smoother once it gets some wear on it.

At first mine was the same. Now it's fluid as can be.

5. Fridgerator

Fridgerator Active Member

I received this QDR around mid Oct I think so this is a late fit pic, I've only got some crappy iphone pics for now but hope it gets the fit across. As usual, amazing, amazing fit thanks to Drew. Also the jacket... it's just fantastic. Anyone thinking of the QDR needs to pull the trigger and get it now, endless compliments and my gf can't stop touching it. It's a bit underrated, maybe because people think it's too flashy but it isn't so go for it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit to add a pic to show proportion

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

6. ekim31

ekim31 Active Member

jacket looks real nice, but in the 2nd pic you looking like you're on stilts or something lol. How tall are you?

7. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

looks good man. that's exactly how I wanted my sleeves to fit, but mine are a little too long. :fu:

8. lanbexx

lanbexx Member

After stalking TOJ since the first iteration of the varsity way back when, I finally ordered my first leather from charly, culminating years of lust, denial, and slowly looking at my bank account in guilt.

I always thought that people who were being anal about their measurements was ridiculous. Now I know the truth. Buying your first leather, or anything expensive that you have to size yourself is somewhat scary. Add on the extreme amounts of pressure of having wanted the leather for so long and you start constantly looking at the measurements you have no expertise in trying to get that "perfect fit." Even with following the measuring guide exactly, im slightly worried about sleeve length and shoulders haha. But after so long (and a lot of bitching to friends about how much I wanted one), I finally ordered. Now the wait......

I also picked up a TOJ0 AE varsity secondhand over the summer (sorry drew, but buttons and set in sleeves on the TOJ0 have a special place in my heart) and I kinda sorta bumped into an industrial staple today. There are now four small tears in a row in my beautiful sleeve that no one will ever notice but me. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix it?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

not much you can do if you puncture the leather, but it can be charming sometimes as well.

Some stellar fit pics all of a sudden, nice showing you guys. :slayer:

10. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

[​IMG]

what color is this? Is this the medium gray?

11. meego

meego Well-Known Member

great fits in all of the last few pages

ive always believed the MDR didnt get enough love compared to the 2010 DR, wish there was someway to take a 2010 DR and have the quilted MDR's shoulders (or would it look too out of place?)

the CWU-45 with the ribbed collar also looks amazing, it does indeed look like an all leather MA-1

12. chion

chion Member

Just make some yourself, it's actually really easy to make. Just make a lot and feed Korean girls like I did. [​IMG]

Somehow I'm hanging out with more Korean people now than last semester when I was actually in Korea. All the kids in my classes there seemed intimidated by the fact I actually answered questions from the prof. Ah Korea University... [​IMG]

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

if I were skinnier and awesomer i would buy a 2010 dr.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

when are you meeting up with scott again?
    we never got any uncXscott mXlane pics?!?!

15. Kross

Kross Senior member

Someone should sell me their 48 2010DR so I can get laid. [0]