1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Drew, is this you in the pictures? If so, the jacket makes you look a bit bigger (as in more muscle mass). Also, what brand is that v neck? I think the length works great with the DR and I've been looking for something similar to wear with mine. The hunt for the perfect t shirt continues for me. [​IMG]

yeah it's me, but I think I'm naturally built a little bigger torso-wise than my height/weight suggests. I don't lift weights or anything, just skinny legged (no centaur)

Tee is Uniqlo 'premium cotton' - i don't know if they have them there or not, I wear Korean size XL in them and they're still a little small for my liking, and I'm a true size XS in reality, lol

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I actually like leather pants. I think they look cool as fuck when designed right and worn by someone with incredible swagger. But I forecast that I'd sell about 2 pairs of them over the span of about a year, so those are out.

I will pre-order. (0)

3. impolyt_one

What about denim jacket with leather sleeves or leather body with knitted sleeves or other different combos of materials?

those would cost about $500 or even a little more. We can't easily get denim distressed so that's also a hurdle to that. Better would be to find your own vintage denim jacket that fits well and chop the sleeves off, and wear as a vest over your leather jackets (TOJ of course) [​IMG]

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Also, is the new DR going to be made by the same dude(s) that do the old DR? If so, you're going to kill him (them). Lol.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I actually like leather pants. But I forecast that I'd sell about 2 pairs of them over the span of about a year, so those are out.
    Just find some more blistered lamb and you'll be golden.

6. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

how about thinner leather? fuck non leather -__-

7. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

Random question, but are you going to offer FQHH in colours other than brown/russet? Trying to think ahead.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I would pre-order blistered leather jeans in a heartbeat
    Just find some more blistered lamb and you'll be golden.
    Whoa, same wavelength.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

yeah it's me, but I think I'm naturally built a little bigger torso-wise than my height/weight suggests. I don't lift weights or anything, just skinny legged (no centaur)

Tee is Uniqlo 'premium cotton' - i don't know if they have them there or not, I wear Korean size XL in them and they're still a little small for my liking, and I'm a true size XS in reality, lol

I'll overnight you some In N Out burgers for some of those tee's. No Uniqlo on this side of the states. [​IMG]

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I was just thinking about how badass it would be to have real lion mane on a DR

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Holy shit i would totally buy leather jeans you don't even know.

12. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

actually just promise to make at least one piece edgier than the moto (since i have the dr) and ill cop.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Whoa, same wavelength.
    the tribe has spoken. I'd also consider a navy or white thick cotton/canvas jacket with a point collar (leather collar?) (shape of your bomber collar) and blistered sleeves. or something like my 5-button Cloak jacket with a slimmer body and leather sleeves. Might help those of us looking for a bit more edge find something from you with a lower material upcharge?

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

nothing blistered is ever coming, abandon all hope

i'd still buy leather jeans though blistered or no

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'll overnight you some In N Out burgers for some of those tee's. No Uniqlo on this side of the states. [​IMG]

Just call them and order it from the NY store.

16. Razele

Razele Senior member

I'm hoping to God that drew brings back the suede harrington and the band collar riders, need to do regret kopping

17. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Just call them and order it from the NY store.
    They take phone orders? I have no idea how their shirts run so one from S-XL it is.

18. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Hm
    Whats so special about uniqlo tees. I owned them shrunk so much i threw them away.
    Just buy hanes v neck 5 for 10$

19. impolyt_one

Hm
    Whats so special about uniqlo tees. I owned them shrunk so much i threw them away.
    Just buy hanes v neck 5 for 10$

Hanes S and the Korean uniqlo size XL fit about the same after a wash, but the Uniqlo is like an inch or two longer, it's more than noticeable. The sleeves on the Uniqlo are actually shorter by like a half inch or so, but I'd pick longer body length over the sleeves. Also, I don't like the thick neckband on Hanes as much as the thin one on the Uniqlos and the feel is much nicer, fabric is thicker and softer. Worth it.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

nothing blistered is ever coming, abandon all hope
    Drkshdw actually made blistered lamb detroits this past FW I believe. He's obviously right that leather pants would be a pretty tough sell. I mean think about how much trouble backpacks were to move... and backpacks are easy inventory. A simple leather shirtjack would be hopping on a bandwagon somewhat but would move a lot easier than the pants.