TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

I don't understand why people are bitching about the wait. Has anyone gotten the feeling that these guys are lazy? don't think so...
    Can't wait for the new leather designs, though I don't have any problem with the current offerings.

2. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

How's your calf compare to the calf on your old margiela 5-zip? I mean, we know your lamb's the tits but where do you think your calf ranks on the ladder of all calf leathers used?

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

How's your calf compare to the calf on your old margiela 5-zip? I mean, we know your lamb's the tits but where do you think your calf ranks on the ladder of all calf leathers used?

this is relevant to my immediate interests

4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

5. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

Finally got around to taking pictures of my green fishtail. Very excited to have it here, as it's the item that sent me over $1000 spent since discovering SF and it is by far the nicest thing I own. It's also exactly what I was looking for in the sense that it's a high-class grungy. The weather's been a bit warm so I've been wearing it sans liner, and the coat appears to be wearable up to about 50F when wearing a t-shirt underneath. I've been called Nanook of the North, a creeper and "that guy from I Know What You Did Last Summer." Guys seem to like it more than girls.

[​IMG]

6. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Here's some calf goodness
    lol holy shit. It's like you're seeing drew, the main man himself oooh and aaah over the lamb and you think damn, why does he even offer calf and why should i even get it? then you read a story like that and realize that we are all just bags of frailty and weakness.

7. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Finally got around to taking pictures of my green fishtail. Very excited to have it here, as it's the item that sent me over $1000 spent since discovering SF and it is by far the nicest thing I own. It's also exactly what I was looking for in the sense that it's a high-class grungy. The weather's been a bit warm so I've been wearing it sans liner, and the coat appears to be wearable up to about 50F when wearing a t-shirt underneath. I've been called Nanook of the North, a creeper and "that guy from I Know What You Did Last Summer." Guys seem to like it more than girls.

[​IMG]

Looks like the best fit posted so far.
    When I see these though, I really wish the bottom hem was more angled

8. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

@Drew - One question regarding the "ToJ Loyalty Program". Why did you decide to go with pieces ordered vs. dollars spent? I would figure that someone ordering 5 leathers probably spent significantly more than someone who bought 5 varsities. Just curious [​IMG] Also, I've officially put my order in for a FQHH burgundy russet moto. Couldn't say no after I saw a calf one in person.

9. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I have a muscular chest, so my fishtail hem is quite a bit more angled. In short, don't blame the coat, do some bench presses [​IMG]

10. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

So would I be correct in assuming the dark grey lamb will be fairly close to the washed black lamb in shade? Itching to put in an order for a dark grey moto!

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

in my head I'm imagining a very light grey/white moto with blacked-out hardware and a slightly elongated body with slightly elongated sleeves. does this sound as awesome to anyone else as it does to me?

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Yes.

13. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

in my head I'm imagining a very light grey/white moto with blacked-out hardware and a slightly elongated body with slightly elongated sleeves. does this sound as awesome to anyone else as it does to me?

sounds awesome but not sure if black zips are avail on a non-black jacket

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

@Drew - One question regarding the "ToJ Loyalty Program". Why did you decide to go with pieces ordered vs. dollars spent? I would figure that someone ordering 5 leathers probably spent significantly more than someone who bought 5 varsities.

Just curious [​IMG]

Also, I've officially put my order in for a FQHH burgundy russet moto. Couldn't say no after I saw a calf one in person.

there were some comments about that, and the shirts clause, but last night I was writing that all out and trying to keep it simple and I thought by doing it via dollars is kinda crass. [​IMG]

also, burgundy FQHH Moto incoming! first one we'll have made.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I say..... no. I can see the leather, I can see a slightly longer fit on you, but the antique zips would mesh better with the sandy grey color lamb that I have. Those black zips can work on colors other than black, but it's more case by case and I don't see it on that color. Maybe a darker, more khaki'esque color.