TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

I'm not sure what you want it to look like, since any jacket would make the collar sit like that.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ah, thanks.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Bro, it's suits with ties and pocket squares for you.

Aunt bought you round trip airfare, you show up in some leather jacket looking like a bad boy, aunt is sad because her nephew is a rebel, aunt cries.

Aunt bought you round trip airfare, you show up in a suit (maybe even with glasses), aunt is happy because her nephew is going to Harvard Law to become a lawyer, aunt smiles.

Hahaha, JK, man. Enjoy your trip! LAX has the sorriest international terminal ever. There's a Mickey D's, and a gift shop.

To be honest, My leathers feel the same as far as warmth is concerned.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

4. fiasco

fiasco Senior member

anaconda wallet or card holder? :D

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ That somehow makes sense tho

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

[​IMG]

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

8. impolyt_one

nice little pairing. Fishtail a little later, pics are not coming out the way I want them...

9. dibango

dibango Senior member

10. impolyt_one

nice shop. That's pretty much exactly how it looks. Just a touch less blue, more on the black'ish side of navy.

11. impolyt_one

Peacoats are still everywhere... I go to the shops, I look at them, it's hard to find one I like still, there is usually some fatal flaw; they're cropped when they don't need to be, they have quad pockets or something, too many or too few buttons, weird mashups like rider's jacket zipped pockets, etc - and I haven't seen any with the full collar backing in leather like the TOJ. I guess that was the original motive for doing that years ago anyway. It's still as good of a look as ever I think, that leather backed collar wrapped around the base of your face. If you're standing outside with the quilted leather stand collar around your jawline, and you're there just kinda breathing steam in the cold, you probably feel like a badass. :slayer: I know this is true because the fit pics that come back for the peacoat always show people naturally finding that style with the coat on their own.
    I think it's past gimmick status at this point... however I was thinking of making a women's version of the TOJ peacoat, but realized the leather backed collar wouldn't really complement a female as much, it really is just a masculine thing IMO. I guess it could be styled differently to be successful, but I think that is a good thing if the TOJ coats are that inherently masculine.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

12. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Have you made any decisions on a winter MA-1 or something similar?

13. impolyt_one

Well, all honesty - don't think I am gonna make many more winter things. I will see how it goes but I, before anyone else, realize I am always late with shit, so I am trying to start early on S/S12 stuff. We have orders that will probably take us up until Christmas or so to complete, and then after that it looks like we're mostly free, so I will go back to Seoul and begin S/S in the dead cold of winter I guess. Right now I have a number of preliminary drawings and rough samples for that, but the present is just production and having Dan do the in and out of orders.
    Tomorrow there might be another round of tracking numbers sent out, our bank transfer took an extra day longer than expected and so it was caught by the weekend. We only got half the shipment out on Saturday, there's more to send.

Back to the new stuff though, as it's been in the past - putting things out piece by piece - I am gonna try to switchover to having bigger drops in the future, and presenting them better, organizing and legitimizing things. We were working pretty casually before when it was 2 or 3 of us just kicking around Seoul, meeting up once in awhile, doing what there was to do, eating some hamburgers, going home - making something new was a good way to spend a week or a couple weeks.. but now we all live in separate countries and the work descriptions are clearly separate now, and each of us, Dan, Charly, and I, does work that the others don't do. Charly has the store communications on lockdown, is there to process your orders - Dan does the logistical buying of materials, order placements and specs, and then does the QC, shipping and sends the tracking - and then my job is to come up with the clothes and how to present them, and then I keep things in a somewhat logical order.

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

Thumbs up to all of this. The leather backed collar, which is always popped on mine, garners so many compliments.

15. GBear

GBear Senior member

Haha, she already sees me in my leathers all of the time and appreciates them to their full extent. I already dress most of my family and she likes me for that anyway. Embarrassingly enough and hopefully it's a joke, now she wants me to run for Mr. Hong Kong. I just burst out laughing.

I thought about bringing a suit to HK, but I honestly don't think I will wear it once.

Oh yeah, LAX is garbage. They tried to snazz it up by lighting up the pillars in the front but all it does it makes it look like they're desperate for a renovation.

Calf and lamb feel the same huh? Well, it still doesn't matter to me...California is warm as hell all year around. Leathers can be worn every night, and I think my reasoning to get a lamb jacket next is because of the suppleness. Girls will be feeling my calfskin and be like oh, that's nice. I want them to be drooling over lambskin though. :foo: :slayer: Hahahahaha.

I am so excited for the next jackets. Hopefully, I can get my old job back. We'll see if black lamb works for any of the new jackets. :stirpot: