TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, dudes.

I asked because I've been wanting an overcoat for a minute. And since chester is no longer in production at the moment, I had to bite the bullet and get one that was more expensive.

*2chainz* Damn *2chainz* :(

2. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

As awesome as the leathers are, I have to say I love the wool coats a lot more. I keep finding excuses to go outside, so I can wear the peacoat more. I love the oversized lapel look that develops when I never button the top button (second from the top if you count them all).

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wore my peacoat for the first time yesterday and I loved it. I have the camel color and it is not an even blend...there are flecks of slightly different colors and such that make the coat even more handsome.

I tried to get a picture in, but to no avai.

4. Islander

Islander Senior member

5. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Whaddya think about producing leather gloves? Something similar to what Gosling's character wore in Drive. Think it'd look sick matched to the color of a leather

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ Drew has said no to small leather goods before, shipping costs are prohibitive. It's a shame, I still want a couple ToJ guitar straps.

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Maybe Drew can package them with leathers. I'm hoping wallets come back, maybe a bunch can be sent over to Charly in the states and then shipped from there?

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

Nooooo, I need a new leather wallet, my old one is dieing

There should be a throw in rule, i.e if your kopping a jacket you can throw them in

Makes sense, ToJ shipping is the best Ive ever had, and Ive bought from all over the world

9. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

That'd be a cool idea, the option of matching leather small items with big purchases. I'd definitely be game to throw 50-80 more on top of a leather purchase for matching gloves

10. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

I don't think it makes sense to get more people involved for a throw-in wallet option. Why would you wait an extra 4-8 weeks to receive a $100 wallet when there are plenty of other wallets out there at around the same price point with similar materials? Brand loyalty is cool and all, but it costs Drew a lot to keep the smaller items on the menu.

Matching gloves sound cool, but wouldn't a comfortable glove require different materials and workers with experience in that sort of thing? Not to mention, all of the decent-looking leather gloves I've been seeing nowadays are $300-450, so how much more would you be willing to shell out for one that has been made specifically for your jacket?

Anyways, just a couple of quotes because this isn't the first time this stuff has been brought up.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I should have bought a wallet when I had the chance ;( too bad I was broke then

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Would definitely get a wallet. no doubt.

I just went to Barney's. Perused some of the leather--too bad they didn't have any MMM 5 zips for me to compare.

But, I think I have been officially spoiled by TOJ's leather. Over time, I sort of forgot how soft it is. Everything there just felt like shit.

The worst was this Thom Browne Varsity. The leather felt like plastic like you would find on legos or something. Seriously?

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Yeah I love TOJ Lamb.

Drew, Charly and Daniel, you guys killed it with my jacket. Thanks so much :3

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

Ditto on the praise for TOJ lamb. Really, really nice leather.

bows1, how did you size for your MDR? I think I want that to be my next TOJ piece. Either that or the QDR. Or the 4-zip moto. :eek: But I figure the sizing is pretty much the same across all of them.

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I just sent them my measurements based on a shirtless measuring session. They adjusted them enough to have slight looseness for layering. Just measure right and you are golden. Im so happy with mine, I haven't worn anything else since I got it,

Trust them, and it will be perfect. If you want it super super tight, let them know, cause they will size it so everything will be perfect for layering, and just a regular tee. I like mine being slightly loose, even though it doesn't look like that. I'm a little drunk so its hard to describe it, but its a perfect fit.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011