TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I doubt it, just a bit too big. The openings are not big enough and the cut is trapezoidal.

2. impolyt_one

really man? I thought the TOJ peacoat was the one that needed to explain itself the least, honest answer...

The leather detailing on the flip side of the collar is something I wanted to do on a peacoat before I was making clothes, I think about 5 or 6 years ago I locked into that - when it came time to make a peacoat that was in, for sure. The pocket trimming in leather matches and is more standard on peacoats than the collar part I guess, but together, I still love that part 2 years on. It will never go away.

The rest of the peacoat is a pretty straightforward, slightly dressier details than a regular peacoat obviously - slightly sharper more abstract lapels, roped shoulders, a tapered shape, especially in the back, and then a single vent with the subtle single-button opening cuffs - it has a 'tailored' look without going headfirst into that category, it's not a heavy DB jacket masquerading as a peacoat, in other words.

Anyway, it's most the same as it was 2 years ago when it debuted, and it's a nice extension from where we came with the varsity jacket - it's another expression of wool and the lambskin combined. I mean, first and foremost, it's a peacoat, but we had the ingredients for it anyway, so why not?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

3. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

1. Custom lengths.
    2. Attention to detail in construction (I noticed on my friend's peacoat from yesteryear that the buttons are raised off the surface so that they fit flush with the overlapping layer when buttoned)
    3. Attention to detail in fit (A strong shoulder that also forms a flattering A-line profile)
    4. Lambskin accents on the pockets and collar.

If I lived in a climate that actually went around 0 on a regular basis I would buy a coat in a heartbeat.

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

this. plus leather + duffle + etc.

equator sucks.

5. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Drew, are you planning to incorporate leather or wool details into the new oiled cotton designs?

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Thanks gents. Don't want to derail, so will leave off to think over what you said.

7. impolyt_one

I'm planning a bunch of attempts at designs with this stuff, I say attempts because I need to keep my head about this, lol. Sampling can go horribly wrong if you involve multiple people sometimes. :eek: Each piece will be different - they'll all be made of the same cloth, but will look worlds apart. Its like how the current offerings are wool or leather. If the piece calls for a material mix, then I'll do it, but I am trying not to force that too much... after that duffle sample I made recently I realized that there is a breaking point and there can be 'too much' - even if it's just a tiny bit.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

This is awful. Thjs look isn't working at all for you man.
    This dude is the perfect example of being dressed by the internet. Whatever peeps say to buy on here he does.

9. FrankieGT

FrankieGT Active Member

The new slimmer-looking sleeves with the quilted lining would be so nice on the chesterfield.

Drew, could you re-consider bringing that piece back? I know the sample you made didn't turn out to your liking, but im sure many would agree that you don't need to change a thing from last year.

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

so GOD DAMN THE USPS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

I guess they tried to deliver it yesterday and didn't leave a notice, so I found out via tracking where it was. I had to go their this morning and wait in line for 45 minutes. When I get to the window...

"Oh that isn't ready yet come back later"

WTF

now I'm at work, and I was late already and i dunno what to do :|

11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

The only thing worse than brooklyn post offices is the dmv.

12. impolyt_one

not sure. Maybe someday, but this year since I have left Dan on production duty, things have been popular and there is a lot of stuff he has to make already, and so adding a menu item right now isn't possible.

13. aether

aether Senior member

I wear my TOJ A-2 at MLK library. Say whats up!

SJSU is full of hype beasters, so a varsity is the more likely spotting.

14. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

lol this is very true.

15. dibango

dibango Senior member

Ordered a stripped down brown A-2.

Praying at the temple for a NYE delivery :worship2:

[​IMG]