1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. johanm

johanm Senior member

There are purple navies and green/grey navies. The latter work better with black IMO.

1 person likes this.
  2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

drew does not recommend black suede fwiw

go on...
    im in need of a derby or at least a prada wingtip :devil: but im not 100% sure just yet. any recommendations?

not every piece in a collection is a stand out, some just complement the others :teach:
    i still think youd look awesome in one. clark kent and synth do it justice, why not notwithit??

3. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Wasn't thinking of black suede, thinking more of a shade of blue. I already ordered my dark whiskey moto but I was actually wondering more so for a future purchase.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Thanks, snow. You always know the right thing to say. :eek:

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Seriously, who the fuck is Jeremy Lin? I have googled it and I do not understand.

Here's the thing: I have barely worn my collared moto. It embarrasses me to say this, but it may not have been the correct choice. There's no doubt it's a nice jacket, and I still think it looks fucking great on its hanger, but when I go out, I always just find myself throwing the bball on over whatever else I'm wearing.

6. APK

APK Senior member

Synth, he's an undrafted NBA player who got Tim Tebow-like coverage by the media after he had a string of great games while filling in as a starter for the Knicks when Carmello Anthony got injured. And he's Asian.

7. tangential

tangential Senior member

orly? hmm what color T1 to get, then...

8. acularw

acularw Senior member

Nice! I ordered a gray MDR a couple weeks ago. Mpls is the perfect place to give these a lot of wear...

9. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

It's only in america that people have objections to navy and black together.

It's a great combination IMO.

I don't like indigo jeans and black though. dunno why.

1 person likes this.
  10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Just like Christian kids worship(irony much)and lust over Tim Teebow Asian Americans can't get enough of Jeremy Lin. When Tim Teebow and Jeremy Lin said they admire each other Christian Asian American kids just jeezed all over the place lololololololol wtf srsly.. Their no pain no gain/ rags to riches life story compels so many people out there

11. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

iirc the T-1 was the only jacket he recommended black suede. :p

12. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

I do have a few shirts. My first order was for a black ocbd, a navy 2.3 and a gray daypack in jan 2010. Once you experience TOJ lamb and TOJ suede, it's hard to say no when drew's designs only get better.

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Looking for Derbies too, Snow. If you find some, let me know. Wish I could've picked up the Raf Simons when they were on sale but Andrewgreg or something picked up 8 pairs.

Sometimes I wonder if the gray MDR was a good choice for me. I'm stuck in this phase where I'm trying to move away from boring button downs / raw denim / gats all day but don't have the money nor any ideas on what to wear. Baseball jacket might fit more naturally into my wardrobe. The fit isn't perfect either, even after tailoring. I chalk that up to providing a poor baseline for Charly to work with. Next time, I'm just going off body measurements.

For the pants, colors available are still "black gabardine, navy gabardine, and then a light grey melange lightweight flannel"? Will have to get the navy! Hopefully you guys can source a nice charcoal.

14. Dellath

Dellath Senior member

Need help people, I have a VTG MDR, black lamb CM, gray BBall jacket, and camel duffle. I need one more i think to fill out the wardrobe. I'm leaning toward the TOJ1 in navy/white or Jason Bourne. I normally wear APCs, boots and plain tees to go with the outerwear, any suggestions?

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Black lamb 4zip moto.

16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

If I do a third mtm TOJ (unnecessary in my wardrobe, but who knows man), I'ma give body measurements. I recommend this for everyone.

Not that I'm disatisfied with my 2 jacket-measurement TOJs--they are the finest pieces of clothing anyone I interact with owns, and people notice all the time--but I say let Charly do his job with your input.

17. ghdvfddzgzdzg

Oh, and Drew, I was realizing when I printed out that essay and then read it on the can, that you do not get enough thanks for all that you do. That you envisioned doing this, and put the hustle into it to put this TOJ thing together, and keep coming up with awesome shit in the best materials available to anyone out there, to change our lives by make these stupendous garments, enriches my life. Your entrepreneurial drive motivates me. You're a fucking role model. I expect I don't speak for only myself. So thank you.

And Charly and Dan, if he sees this, and the construction team, you people are saints for putting up with us and our workload. Thank you for all this.

3 people like this.
  18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

You printed that out on paper to read on the toilet? I hope people understand what I was getting at, but don't think I take myself so seriously that you wouldn't be able to also wipe your bum with it when you're done. :eek:

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

I've been busy. I read what I can when I can.

20. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Never thought of the possibilities for taking styleforum low-tech, but if it works, it works :eek: