TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

smoke him.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm not sure if we actually cut off the Harrington. The Anniversary is done for sure but we've some of those in leather and suede as well, and those aren't a problem to source further, so you can order a suede of leather Harrington now if you'd like.

3. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

It's not that it's not in my price range, trust me, I'm finding every reason possible to justify spending over 2000 on a burberry prorsum, but at the end of the day its still just a leather jacket. Also, I haven't been inclined to make a hasty "Send money now" decision since you nixed one of your most unique and iconic jackets (the BCDR) which actually felt inspiring for the brands future... (I made that photoshop of the contrasting colors that got people talking and excited) also quickly shot down as an idea.... But as far as I understand, got deleted entirely due to "complications" and the very thing your customers say makes you special, ie "too much detail work"

Is KeepItSimpleStupid part of the manifesto?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  4. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

look buddy the post show handjobs will happen in the back room and out of my sight

5. chaos

chaos Senior member

Quote:
    If you're comparing apples to apples (unless you're talking about Rick's combination/denim/cotton jackets, which isn't even a fair basis for comparison), you're telling me you can buy Rick leathers for $350-$380? Good luck buddy.

6. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

Really not interested in anyones opinion on the subject matter other than the man himself so save your breath. I find the head honchos responses fascinating. He doesn't have to win my sale over because he has enough of you suckers and I'm not trying to win his love either, so we're just having a conversation that stemmed from the main differences between TOJ and BS at the end of the day, bottom line, sa'll. I've never owned a TOJ but am open to it however I have handled a BS mtm and my expectations were passed, period. BUT like with every brand, every person, every possible mistake... there are some hit-and-misses and there are some that get hit out of the park when it comes to custom work. some pictures in this thread can prove that.

ps and yes i was talking about the denim combo. forget about the fact that its part denim, you cant deny the fact that those drkshdw pieces are a stunning piece and once on sale, value and then we kind of ARE talking apples to apples if VALUE is a "Pro" of purchasing TOJ when someone asks for a leather jacket in other threads and people refer to TOJ as a good VALUE for the PRICE but thats just someones OPINION, mannn

7. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

How long is this offer good for? I'm definitely keeping this in mind until some money comes along (whenever that is)

8. impolyt_one

Well, you are all over the place in logic here and seem to miss a lot of the finer points, but I'll keep it simple for you and bullet a couple points:
    - photoshops and the 'what if this could be like this' musings are nice and all, but rarely mesh with the limitations of real world production.
    -the BCDR was discontinued by my own decree, because it was neither a strong seller, it was largely misunderstood, and not really necessary or a strong piece in the lineup. The reality is that single breasted jackets are more versatile or suitable to more people than asymmetrical zip jackets, and the Moto was already in place to deliver on the band collar, the DR in place for an asymmetrical zip jacket - i realize that asymmetrical zip jackets are trendy, yada yada, but I'd rather see people get their jackets from me and actually wear them, and be happy with them much later on as well.

9. chaos

chaos Senior member

Quote:
    lol Woodyear?

10. impolyt_one

are you high right now? honest question.

11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

uh what?

also :crackup: at drkshdw leather sleeves being the same thing as a toj....

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

What's the suede patch for on the chest of the flight jacket and bomber?

Also, if anyone could link my to some sort of explanation of the difference between lamb and calf (I know it's probably in this thread about 50 times, I just can't find it) it'd be appreciated.

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. chion

chion Member

Man I now feel bad about ordering a cut and stitched up baby animal. [​IMG]

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

swag cuffs = foldable surgeon cuffs on select models. not just how it's styled. pretty sure i didn't see any of that on the BS ebay page. :teach:

the club thing is a real deal. buy enough toj, and you start getting discounts. but i don't think you'll ever reach that lvl, juss sayin'

and if you have to justify your purchases, it just means you need to lvl up in life, pal. to the point where u start saying, "$2000? so what, i like it." $700-800 isn't even that bad for a jacket like this. yes, we have a couple of fanboys here, but toj is like AAPL to them. if you don't think it's a good deal, vote with your dollar and carry on.