TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I started to like tailored clothing last year. I think it's all about cut, fabric, color, combination, metrical, and timeless style :inlove:

Why don't try brands like Lanvin. They have both tailored clothing, good design and good shoes/sneakers.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I like to keep my tailored clothes completely separate from my casual stuff. Long ago when I was younger I was able to make a lot of Raf and Jil Simons work for me as work clothing/biz casual type looks, but wearing a proper real suit, shirt, and tie is much more satisfying, I feel. That grey area between dressed up tailored wear and full casual has gone blank for me now, I don't really do the in-between.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yeah this ^^

I really dont like Lanvin that much, its not really my thing. I dont really want to wear tailored clothing by a designer, I sorta want it tailor made for me, bespoke or really good MTM.

Pretty much MC, but much more restrained, quite a strict colour pallette. I really dont like how italian MC has become. Im Austrlian, and we are a Commonwealth Nation, which probably reflects alot on this. For one I dont really like brown shoes, two, I'd be happy wearing navy / charcoal / grey suiting for ever. I dont really like loud sportcoats.

4. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

I'm an engineer at a tech company and so pretty much everyone just wears t-shirts, jeans and sneakers to work... Whenever I tuck in my shirt I'll almost immediately get digs from others about "why I'm dressed up"...

Like others said though, I think I'd get sick of having to wear a suit to work every single day after a month or something

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Why are you here lol

6. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

I thought I sized the ToJ1 too small, I was wrong luckily. Will get pics when it's not pitch black out while I'm at home. It's due to rain today, rain just adds to the leather's character right? No harm done?

7. woody^^

woody^^ Well-Known Member

Razele I have to say that I don't see many people around Brisbane wearing the sort of stuff you do. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

Nah man Brisbane is shit, Australia in general is shit clothes wise in general but Queensland is bad.

Rick retail is insane, and our sales are never that good here, so way higher prices + way lower sales = everyone wears cheap flannels, black jeans and vans.

Ironically when I first met my girl she liked me because of a really nice black Schneider cardigan and blue hidden placket buttonup I was wearing :embar:

9. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

your prices are higher because your min. wage is way higher

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

higher than whom?

11. impolyt_one

they have incredible import taxes in Australia. Growing up, even the cheapest of Nike sneakers were like $100, Jordans were something like $500, $700, I can't remember, but something incredible for the time. This was at a time when fully detached houses on lots in nice locations by the beach in Australia were still valued around $100,000 - now those homes easily surpass a million. There's definitely an economic dynamic down there that is gonna make buying Stephan Schneider and Rick Owens a bit of a costly affair.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

makes me sad. i just bought a pair :eek:

13. impolyt_one

dude, 25 is way too early to be throwing in the hat on wearing streetwear. You guys should want to be off work by 5 and enjoying your beer at the pub in streetwear+denim til you're like 40, then you can go decide which way you want to go stylistically. When I am 65 I will probably dress the same I do now, if I live that long. In 2046, I will say "you muthafuckaz know what this jacket is? It's the TOJ MDR from 2011!!!" and all of the kids in self-lacing Nikes and hoverboards will roll their eyes at me.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ha, toj is ahead of its time.

wore the h.land from 99 the other night and ppl were like "its so futuristic"
    makes you think and appreciate good design.
    props to drew and helmut lang :slayer:

15. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

have drew and the gang ever thought about making a field/mountain parka?