TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

Geez, wj4 really likes to talk about himself lol.

lol @ guy taking Colbert seriously in his get up. It's Stephen Colbert, man.

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Well, the discussion came up, dude. This is the only thread that I think I would feel comfortable to do so since i postwhore in here so much. :embar: I'll stop now.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

This gets old fast

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Lol true. I had a job where I started out wearing a sportcoat and trousers everyday. I loved dressing up everyday for the first month or two. After that I stopped giving a crap. Stopped ironing my shirts hella clean and crisp. Stopped wearing the sportcoats. I even didn't bother tailoring my shirts or getting custom ones anymore.

5. GBear

GBear Senior member

Interesting...not sure if I can pull off a QDR though. I tend to think my style is really conservative.

Lol! If I'm correct, my calf MDR actually has lamb on it. The inner cuff flap thing is definitely a different leather than the rest of it. It is much softer and more supple. But yeah, I'll definitely look into these styles. Unfortunately, no red pockets for me this year...though I am lucky enough that my aunt bought me a full ride to HK. :slayer:

2 leathers so far, sold my TOJ1 to chaos, so I might need to replace it! :D

Hahaha, so true. I've been wearing said outfit almost everyday before Drew recently mentioned it out of sheer laziness. Still looks great though!

Oh boy...whenever you "inquire" about anything TOJ, your wallet lightens a bit. That's what happened to every TOJ piece I've bought. :foo:

6. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

Same path I am going down. I have the gray MDR down, hopefully brown a-2 in the next month. :slayer:

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

Eh I'm 25, this is like after 30+ I'm thinking

Can't wear MMM Hi's for the rest of my life, especially with economics / law double degree

8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Try other brand, offer both traditional formal clothing and good design.

9. 89andy

89andy Senior member

So why is it that people tend to go black on cwu-45 and brown on a-2? Any particular reason? BTW at the asian swag thing I'm asian, not white so I should be good lol.

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Nah I sorta like tailored clothing? I dont really like a lot of tailored clothing that is designed. Margiela is the best but that's because it pretty much imitates normal tailored clothing anyway lulz

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Man tell me about it. Last year i had a down puffer jacket and it did not keep me from the shivering winds.
    this year I dont hav that anymore (machinewashed by accident). Gonna se what I can do within700 budget.
    Were you in MN too aeglus?

12. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

I'm 20 going after an economics degree. So yeah, wearing suits not my favorite thing and I imagine having to wear one daily at this age is killing it for the rest of my life. Wouldn't mind, and would actually enjoy, doing it every now and then for special occasions though...plan to pick up a TaT suit too. But, I'm also a pretty tame (and by tame I mean boring) guy fashion wise. Sneakers/boots + jeans + t-shirt + jacket = good to go for me. I'll wear that until I'm so wizened asian grandfather.

I just really like the look, seems classic.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

ceoceo:I was born in South Dakota and lived there for a long time. Graduated from University of Minnesota. So I'm pretty used to intense cold.
    I don't use it much these days since I don't need it but the leather is pretty much no longer super stiff. I oiled it once though.

14. chaos

chaos Senior member

Brown and the styling of the A2 just mesh perfectly, especially with the shearling: classic.

For the CWU45, I just think brown would detract from the design of the jacket. It's aggressive and as a flight jacket, brown would downplay the jacket's details (i.e. the aggressive features: oversized suede patch, sharp angled pocket flaps, arm office) whereas brown lends itself so favourably to the A2 stock design. That's how I see it in my mind anyhow.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Holy shit a gopher alumni lol. I have a couple friends from Sioux Falls. Nice (but boring) place. What would you recommend then? I don't want to be a part of Columbia everrthang guys :embar: