TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Just to clarify, when non-minorities wear an A-2 it can come off like this. A gross oversimplification but I think it's fairly obvious what I mean.

[​IMG]

Droolworthy jacket. But he looks like an actual Navy pilot in retirement.

For comparison.

http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=8338

Has the fur collar, doesn't look like he's reliving his glory years.

Also, congratulations on getting married. Make sure to swag out your Razele juniors in nothing but Jil diapers.

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

Dude omg

Do you realize that Colbert is a joke and he is actually trying to get that vibe going e.g LOOK AT HIS PANTS

I could understand with a brown bomber, but black no way. I wouldn't get a brown one, just looks too repro to me on everyone anyway, i think thats what people are probably going for.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I can only cop within my limits. :embar:

I start a new job on Monday that requires dressing up more. As of now, I only have 4 suits so I need to accumulate in that area as well. I'm not baller enough to go bespoke yet. Finding a local place to make MTM shirts is becoming annoying for me. The dude I used to visit is good, but his craftsmanship has been slipping, thus making the $200/shirt not worth it. I might just source from the homeland

I used to work in manufacturing so I would wear cheap clothes to work, stuff from H&M, Zara, etc. After I was done with the job, I loaded up all the cheap stuff, and will donate to the Good Will later this week.

I made a "to buy" spread sheet so I can stay on target for 2012, haha. :nodding:

4. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Man four suits is heaps

Do you need to wear a suit everyday, or just with clients?

Id want a job I can wear a sportcoat / blazer to at least two - three days / week.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

that's because colbert looks ancient in the pic and is wearing an oversized bomber; plus that's probably the exact way he wanted to come off

white people look fine in bombers

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

He doesnt even own it, its just from costume department because ITS A COSTUME

Dude worst example ever

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I would wear a brown bomber, most people would just think it's a cool bomber.

Even if it does look repro-y i wouldn't care, i'm not gonna be wearing it and flying planes and wearing aviators.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I guess it depends on your age and your personality/what you're into. When I was first saw Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 in the 10th grade, I thought that guy was super sharp in the suits.

I don't think I can wear jeans and leather jacket daily, I would get bored of it. However, there would be days when I just want to not put too much effort into dressing up...that's when I go to the uniform with a t shirt, jeans, white sneakers, and a leather or suede. I'm still waiting for the weather to cool down before I can rock the peacoat. Still haven't worn this thing since I bought it yet. :(

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd wear a brown bomber and fly planes and wear aviators.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I don't even have to wear suits, dude. It's "conservative business casual"...that's an oxymoron if there's ever one. I can do a SW&D outfit a la Stanley Van and be OK. It's something with me that when I like something, I get into it. Like last year I was really into Aldens and I bought about 10 pairs. Now I just started to venture into Crockett & Jones and Tricker's so I'm sure that will start something too. I'm too poor for John Lobb at the moment.

With suits, even at the MTM levels, I like the ability to alter the small details, ie peak collar vs notch, overlapping ticket pocket, etc.

I didn't even own a suit until April of 2011, haha. When I landed my job, well former job now, I pretty much wore you would see on a J. Crew mannequin...a button down, cardigan, chinos, and Clarks Desert Boots.

Sometimes I wish I just didn't care how I dress. That would mean more money saved up. :embar::nodding::foo:

PS. a sportscoat is on my list too, a houndstooth one.

12. stick

stick Senior member

^^^ Hahahahaha, holy shit, I just opened up Ocean's 11 to see how Brad Pitt looked, and in the scene where you first see him, Topher Grace is wearing an MMM 5-zip with MRS zips.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Dude, you're going to be living aether's dream!

Don't forget the Top Gun soundtrack as well. :slayer:

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Hopefully this includes awesome footwear, as I believe we are the same size. Also, congratulations.
    I think a brown bomber could work pretty well for you.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

:slayer:

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

PS Aegleus, are you still using your Saddleback? Does the leather softens up over time? I just got mine this week and the leather is super stiff.