TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. chaos

chaos Senior member

The black lamb is insanely nice, it's a good deal softer than your whiskey calf (as intended) from what I remember. Completely different texture and drapes really well too. I second Charly, think you need to go for a bomber man (black CWU45 or brown A2). I want a CWU45, waiting on those Christmas red pockets lol [​IMG]

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

LOL

'Asian man swag'

Man were do you live ahahahaha

Wouldnt kop a bomber in brown, either a-2 in black or CWU in black, Ive got the A2, just need CWU in black lamb

Going to sell my Harrington and get a a-1 in black lamb suede

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

How many leathers do people need?

Im going to stay with 2 leathers, 1 suede

Might kop a duffle coat next year, the fishtail + leathers is heaps enough tho, especially since im getting married im june :embar:

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

oh.

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

?? I dont understand homie

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Congrats man!

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Oh as in, "the thought of that just blew my mind", sounds amazing.

Black suede is one of those things you never think of

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

Thanks

Im going to wear a navy three piece wool suit, MTM from that Melbourne outfit that PG uses.

Will wear with black / white macclesfield tie, black captoe C+J oxfords and a white hidden placket poplin shirt.

Im a pretty happy man

I have so much to sell, lol. Also I really want to buy my fiancee more Schneider, which she loves. Gotta get her a nice handknit to chill in, so she stops stealing my dries charcoal robe cardigan.

Black suede is so nice. Im going to wear it with schneider scarves and a white hanes in winter, with black raws and margiela / carpe boots (would kop like 2 more pairs when they come up on various B&S)

Yeah, Ive been thinking alot about my wardrobe lately, pretty much want to have it finished in a month or two. I dont really need anything else, have some nice jackets, some nice outerwear, alot of cardigans, a couple of bomber jackets, good boots / shoes / sneakers.

What Drew says is 100% correct, and I pretty much wear this everyday: White T / Buttonup, Raw Jeans / Overdyed Jeans, White Sneaks / Black Boots, in Winter its with an Schneider Scarf and a black lamb bomber, in spring / autumn its cardigans and handknits, in summer its as is, with a cotton cardigan handy for night time. Nothing wrong with a uniform, at least its damn comfortable.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I have 4 leather pieces, a suede, and a peacoat. When I started, I wanted a brown bomber and black leather of some kind. Then I saw the whiskey. I bought the horsehide for the heck of it. This is what happens when you 'inquire' just for to get more info, next thing you know the Paypal is sent.

I'm done for now with the 'streetwear' side. I'm allocating the next $4,000 or so on MTM shirts and balmorals.

I doubt anyone on this board 'needs' anything to this extend.

10. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

My leather road path would probably be something like

Grey MDR then Brown A-2 then Black CWU-45 or Moto.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

Ahahah WJ4 your the kopping machine. Some people I guess just like heaps of selection. I want smaller doper wardrobe, i don't have enough space.

12. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

This is why I want to ditch this job that requires suits and just go full streetwear in my life.

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

you need a real winter jacket and real winter clothes; MN is much, much more intense than Korea

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

Im sorta the opposite, I just wear like raw denim and a collared shirt everyday at work, I want to wear a suit everyday, or sportcoat + trousers. Im probably going to get 4 suits made over about 3-4 years, with extra trousers and a waistcoat (allows me to have 4 season suits essentially with the waistcoat) and probably 8 or so sportcoats, that would be heaps.

People get into color and then color combinations and you wardrobe just explodes

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

This all sounds awesome, good shit.

I'm not ready for a uniform yet TBH, although there are appearing some distinctive traits which seem to be present in most of my fits. I figure i may as well experiment for a bit so that i can wear shit till it gets comfortable/find shit which i'm perfectly comfortable in.

But yeah, one day i think i'll just settle on something, that's when you really start to look good - completely comfortable in everything you own.