• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

In my eyes, that just looks dumb for a lot of obvious reasons. If the TOJ Moto with the public domain cafe racer design and TOJ detailing could considered austere and relatively modest for the purpose, which I think it can at times now, then this is basically the opposite.

Yeah that's perfectly reasonable, but what you're describing is exactly what I find appealing in it. I could never fully pull off a fringed leather jacket with tassels in 2011, as much as I may want to, so I'm drawn to something like this where it's rustic (ugh) in such a way that reminds me of something of that vintage, while somehow being very "now" in my eyes. At the end of the day I'm still an #americana kid, remember. That said, I should probably be looking at one of your A2s instead. Gonna keep following this thread to see when Charly is in NYC next :marchal:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's Charly's cue but I imagine he will be there very soon, I know he was just there eating Crif dogs recently. You guys do have to realize that it's not a traveling service considering NYC and we don't put money into that, so if you want to be measured you will need to meet with Charly at a prescribed time and find your way there. I don't want to spend money on that side of things because it'd raise the prices for everybody worldwide, and in response the service is there but like I said, I can't spend money on it and it'll be at Charly's decree.

If i gather I thinl that means you have to go to Brooklyn to see Charly. Willy cheesesteak only gets up at like 7pm, otherwise I'd have you guys try to see him for measurements in Manhattan on commission. :eek:

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh yeah I don't expect him to come out of his way here, but if I find out he's in town next I definitely want to buy him a beer or two and get some measurements down.

Last edited:

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Like Drew said, I'm doing this as a service to you guys :)

That being said, I will be in NY next weekend. I will probably have some time to meet on Saturday afternoon/night, the 3rd, in the EV or Soho.

If you want to come get measured, please say so, so I can plan this out.

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm down, but I don't want you to go out of your way to make plans, and then not come through. Have no idea what i'll be doing, or where I might be next weekend.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You guys should meet up at Kenka for the $2 beers and the steamed cow penis side dish. :eek:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a place that has really good fried dumplings and dollar shots of sake. ruh

Last edited:

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm down, but I don't want you to go out of your way to make plans, and then not come through. Have no idea what i'll be doing, or where I might be next weekend.

That's the thing. For those that say you want to come, be positive you're going to come. Because if I plan this out, I'll be there and I don't want dropouts.

It would not make for a very happy Charly.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K. Getting the plane ticket to Tokyo for next Summer to get measured. :spam:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's true, you guys in Tokyo are always welcome for a measuring for a TOJ, false has taken advantage of it, waiting to see who else's body is ready for me. I am around town all the time, but Tokyo is kind of dead clothes-wise lately. Too bad they don't realize TOJ leathers are coming in at the 5X,XXX yen level nowadays with the exchange rate.

emilo

Reaction score
I'm up for a beer and a chat next weekend in the soho/ev area. Don't really need to get measured though :)

fungz0r

Reaction score
I'll be in NY during christmas if you're around there it'd be kinda nice to get measured even though I'm not set on a leather yet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics