TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Not to big on reading comprehension there are we bows. I said his profit margin is twice the cost of a regular leather. In this case his profit margin would be 1400 (1300 was a math error/typo). A regular leather is 700 some odd dollars. Therefore 1400 is roughly twice the cost of a typical toj leather. Can we move on from this now, ive actually gotten tired of pwning ppl, which till this point i wasnt even sure was possible.

2. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

woodyear the only person that's been pwned in this entire thread is you

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

wow. this kid is the most boring troll i've ever run into.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

No, you're fucked. One, because you came and shit on my rug, and two, because you're dumb enough to use your real name as your screenname on styleforum, so it's easy to weed you out for the blacklist. haha.

5. buran

buran Senior member

gif:
    [​IMG]

woodyear/carpenoctem posts have gotten old really fast.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I'd advise you to always work in a business you own, or at the very least run, because, son, if you behave in the real world the way you've done on this thread - and you've asked some interesting questions, I'll give you that - random people are going to queue up to kick your arse just to see which way you bounce.

Learn to ask questions to get answers, not to 'prove' how good you are. Learn some fucking humility.

7. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Quick shitty iPhone pics... Probably take some with the DSLR later today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can someone remind me how to re-shape the collar? the right side collar (left side in the pics) seems to be a bit flat compared to the other side and it looks a bit more noticeable without the shearling...

Forgot to mention that I am having no problems with my hands in the side-slit pockets...

8. horn11

horn11 Member

I prefer older bomber collars. :/

9. skyline

skyline Senior member

New bomber collars don't snap down? Nice fit btw!

10. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Shit they do. Didn't realize that haha... Still a bit noticeable when the shearling is on though, but not as much as if I don't snap it down with the shearling off (the point in the snaps I guess)...

Maybe I'll just let it naturally shape up

11. skyline

skyline Senior member

I think it'll look fine if you just wear it for a bit and its no longer fresh out of the package, but if it really bothers you just wet the collar a little and mold it how you'd like

12. Islander

Islander Senior member

Fucking insufferable prick. Apologies for quoting this idiot again but when a jacket that cost $1,700 is sold for $3,000 that is only hmmm 43% gross margin, which seems like about hmmm average in the clothing and manufacturing industry. Anyone who hopes to see TOJ prosper over the long term should hope that Mr. TOJ is doing better than average.

EDIT:

Yeah you're totally right, I got trolled.  Sorry about that :embar:

True, except it's more than one guy and they have to do more than just live off TOJ or it won't be sustainable.  They don't come home from day jobs with steady pay, benefits, medical/dental and put up their feet and browse SF like we do.  They have to live, thrive, and fund retirement off this.

It was, thanks (and sorry).

13. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

You do realize the whole idea of TOJ is to produce quality products at a reasonable price, right? I also hope you realize that cost of a produce includes much more than just material and labor. Big clothing houses need to account for advertisement, strategic planning, publicity event, website maintenance, rent... need I go on? Drew specifically said he's not doing product photo shoots anymore to cut down on cost.

Anyway, if you don't understand that, you need to go back to the proverbial economics 101 class.

14. kook

kook Well-Known Member

If i order a duffle in the next week or so can I expect it before Christmas or no?

15. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Well you can't expect Drew to accept the same margins as big clothing houses if he's keeping volume low to offer us MTM and quality checks by himself on every single piece. At the end of the day, he has to be able to live off of this.

I think we need fit pics of coats to start popping up soon.