TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Lol i might take you up on that my friend, ive actually always wanted to. Maybe if this music thing takes off Ill have the cash to fuck with that. Youre an inspiring dude, fuckin wind beneath my wings man.

Sorry bro, def dont wanna rain on your parade but i cant not call bs when i see it.

Ohhh excuse me, correction 50x14 is 700, excuse my error. Meaning the total cost of insanely irresponsibly produced hypothetical jacket is 1600 dollars, bringing your hypothetical profit to $1400.

On that note im done shitting on your carpet, i wont talk about it anymore.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

word from the wise - don't cost your product the way you've suggested to me, you will go out of business in 3 months. Also, here's another tip - you can't name your own price on commodities. :teach:

3. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

in the interest of the common good can we all just agree to not respond to anything woodyear says?

he has proven himself to be, time and time again, a sniveling know-it-all who doesn't warrant level-headed discourse, yet people keep responding to him and fanning the flames...

4. impolyt_one

I am really serious though, if you feel you can start your own leather jacket brand, then I welcome the competition. Everybody who has come and gone when it has been within the TOJ radar (the brands I'm referring to didn't make a splash here but got a bit of notice on hypebeast) usually ended up trying to make varsity jackets, like House of Billiam, a couple others, I can't remember their names. I am driving an incredible deal and getting underpaid for it by my own choice, and that how it has been since the beginning, so I do challenge anyone to come with their brand and see what you can make, for what price.

If you go through all that to find out you can only make leather jackets to sell at $1500, then I'll make a $1500 jacket so that our price tags are even, how does that sound?

5. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

This thread needs more murdered out a2 fitpics. There are only two black a2s in the gallery, and imo, they're super awkward-looking on that dude. :fu:

Really dumb question incoming: Do you get the ribbed/quilted leather effect from stitching, or are they pressed on the leather?

6. impolyt_one

quilted leather is made as such: you spray some temporary adhesive to the backside of the leather, you attach a piece of thin, porous foam that is already cut to shape, and then on top of that you spray more adhesive, and put some cotton on there (the stitching needs something densely woven to hold on to, it'd just pull through the foam if it weren't for the cotton. Once you stitch the leather and the cotton sides together to meet, it pulls on the foam layer in the middle to make peaks and valleys.

[​IMG]

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

That's amazing. You've brought up before that a lot goes on underneath the leather, but this is pretty intense.

Just had to ask after seeing the murdered out, quilted 2011 moto in the gallery. That shit's so sugoi that I couldn't breathe for a couple of seconds. :embar:
    I have to make a choice this week, so it's either that, the ribbed collar CWU-45, or the A2 now.

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Umm even by these fucked up figures, 1700$ x 2 is not 3k. so its not literally twice the cost................

yeah you are right! I have one patch taken out of the side of my head!@ jesus how did I not realize.... oh because thats not my haircut.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

9. impolyt_one

alright, amateur hour is over, and the fantasy accounting can stop now. I'm guessing nobody who has chimed in on the topic has ever priced a good for sale beyond lemonade. Woodyear must think he is getting $1.50 worth of food in his $2 Big Mac, and the other 50 cents goes to pay everybody. lol. A business genius.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

10. stick

stick Senior member

Too many pages to dig through. Your final decision on the stuff you posted in the forum was peacoat-style slit pockets with leather trim and wrist toggle, right? And everything else is as on the sample previously posted.

11. impolyt_one

not quite, it's gonna be patch pockets with a lip of leather on the top edge. Most everything else the same.

12. stick

stick Senior member

Ah, so no flap, just leather trim along the top edge of the pocket?

13. impolyt_one

correct

14. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

just put in my soft order for the duffle, so i can assume regular production will start in a couple of weeks?

15. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Ohh Drew lets not get butthurt. Listen im gonna be in beijing and shanghai around the end of january I hear its fucking freezing then. So im gonna need a peacoat and or a fishtail from you before then. Am i still able to buy or am i fucked? Also, what shit should I do when Im there Ive never been remotely near asia.