Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Everybody's my auditor I guess man. I shouldn't have to give anyone that information, because nobody else in my business would. This is beyond perversion, really.

2. impolyt_one

Anyway, in other news -

MDR
    2010 DR
    QDR

2011 Moto

Collared Moto

A-2 Bomber
    A-1 Bomber
    CWU-45 Bomber (with collar or ribbed collarband)

^ These are available as always

Fishtail
    Peacoat
    Duffle

^These are available, soft launch I guess. The Fish and the Peacoat look like last years with minimal changes. The Duffle is how I have described previously. I will get some proper samples made up later but we are busy so those can't be made right now, this minute.

I am starting the last call on TOJ1's. I don't have a deadline date but if you want one, get your order in, because once that peters out I will cut them off.

3. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

the transparency and disclosure is appreciated in that it helps us to enjoy the product even better.

however, you should present these facts/figures with pride, and not out of annoyance.

i'm looking forward to receiving the a-2 bomber more, knowing this background.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Once the TOJ1s are done, will they be replaced by another, updated version of the varsity/baseball jacket?

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

What? Pretty sure that me, bows, and uncontrol all have completely different haircuts at this point.

Drew, and everyone - please, can we just stop talking about this and move on? I tried ignoring woodyear but it didn't work, because every single person was posting inane bullshit about shearling.

I want to see: collared moto in whiskey from whoever bought one (especially since I opted out and went with a vtg)
    more colored double riders

more jackets that are not black or brown.

Deliver!

6. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=74

Game.set.match. Better quality sheepskin and finished on the lesther side (puts to bed your only real excuse), far better construction (sheepskin reinforced with fqhh at seams and wear points) made with unionized labor in scotland which costs a fuckton more than the "3 figures" a day you pay your people (since you said they complete roughly one jacket per day and you pay them per jacket), at a fraction of the price (550 pounds). Dont try the bs "big mac costs less than a kobe burger" line because aeros a small operation like you, making mtm clothing over the internet, with better materials and construction than you.

Admittedly your jackets have a better cut and look more stylish but it smacks of arrogance when you talk down on a company whos product is better than yours. It would be like the ceo of Invicta talking down on Rolex for being too old-manish, sure invictas sometimes look pretty stylish and can be had for a great bargain, but rolex is rolex despite what the rollie haters say.

Despite your misinformation, Aero leather is regarded as the epitome in quality, and the finest leather jacket producer in the world for the past century, selling jackets on a forum for 2 years doesnt put you in that league bud, im sorry to say. I can sell my barnstormer 25 years from now and get more than what i paid for it, literally (ebay it) because aero is that collectible, and for good reason, they dont wear out they simply get better with age. 25 years from now all of our tojs will be either trashed or at some goodwill for 3 for $10. Proof is in the pudding,

Still love ya tho.

[/quote]

7. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

You're trying to save face but you've been posting the same thing over and over and no one cared then either.

8. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Save face? Its math. 50 squares at $14 a piece (weirdly high unreasonable pricing) is 800. Throw in another 200 for lambskin and zippers etc (lol yeah right) 1k. Pay your guy $500 to make it ( im sure theyre paid at least $60 an hour, i mean what korean factory worker isnt?) another 200 for shipping and assorted expenses (shippings very expensive in that part of the world). Okay, 1700 for this insanely irresponsibly produced jacket, you need another $1300 per jacket on top of that as your profit margin? You must be rollin in it then, sheesh taking literally twice the total cost of a regular leather for your profit....very generous of you.

Get real.

9. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

If that's the profit margin that Drew wants in exchange for the work required to design and make a shearling piece, then that's what it'll cost. You can have your own opinions of how much profit a business should get for its work, but it's really not up to you in the end now, is it?

10. impolyt_one

lol. Woodyear, only one can win.... the only way we can prove who is winner is by you starting your own leather jacket brand.

11. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

I can't see that working out too well if he can't even multiply 50 by 14 correctly.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

Seriously just GTFO woodyear, go kop your shearling from Aero, IDK why you haven't already

You cant force someone to do something at a loss, if he doesnt want to do it, its not going to happen, end of story, he wants to use that particular leather for whatever reasons.

What does he have to gain from lying to you?? A lost sale????

Seriously these e-retards :facepalm:

13. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

You forgot to throw in another $800 to cover for the possibility that a mistake happens in production, and the entire jacket is trashed. Then Drew would get $500 (assuming that other costs dont come up), which is reasonable. The dude would still have to pay for other things (Dan and Charly don't work for free), and keep up with his own bills and taxes.

14. impolyt_one

man, I am glad I am not the only person in here who can add 1+1.

15. impolyt_one

Also, Woodyear, know that when you do open your own business or try to do some work, I will come and shit on your carpet until you can no longer work. Deal?