TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Dude what kind of reality is it when you're telling me my prices, based on no fundamental knowledge whatsoever? Is this real? Am I dead? You are gonna make have a nightmare about accounting books and shearling lambskin tonight.

2. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

woodyear has always been a one-track minded troll. don't feed the troll guys. he's one of those people that reads a few things on the internet, takes it to be true, then suppresses all other information presented to him that counts against his own conclusion. it's the internet. he's never going to change his mind. he's just gonna keep trying to make everyone angry (see, troll).

3. impolyt_one

Duck bacon/fennel/orange salad, and then foie torchon with some piping hot toasted baguette, ftw. Maybe a sweet fruit on the side to compliment the foie. You don't need any turkey.

4. impolyt_one

I've eaten foie like 10 times this month inadvertently almost but now I feel like eating some foie torchon and charred sweet corn.

5. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Im not telling you your prices, im telling you that if 3k id really the price point you arrived at then you need to go back to the drawing board. Seems like youre getting all comfy and complacent pushing out the same shit, and are unwilling, or unable to keep pumping out new, next level ideas which has been one of the best things about the brand so far.

Sometimes I get lazy in what I do and I need someone to point it out to me because I cant really see it at the time, its hard to really tell the truth and innovate constantly. You have the talent to do that, and i was excited to see what youd be able to do with a sheepskin flight jacket concept. Annoyed and dissapointed that youre using this "cost too much" bs as an excuse to not even try. You gotta stop listening to all these sheep, theyll bend over and get on all fours for you no matter what, thats the nature of internet forums with their weird social hierarchies. I know you dont give a shit what I have to say but keep it moving, keep innovating and manifesting the wealth of ideas in your mind, keep being creative. Otherwise youll get bored and your vision will suffer.

6. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

He thinks that the cost of producing a fqhh barnstormer with a shearling and corduroy lining (and thats what that jacket is. You don't get a fucking cashmere coat by slapping cashmere onto the inside of a coat made of thick egyptian cotton or some shit) is roughly equivalent to the cost of producing a full shearling - without any idea of what shearling costs in S Korea, or even of what the hide side of his shearling looks like.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I'm sorry Woodyear but I still don't understand how this jacket you keep talking about is similar to what drew is talking about. Its horse leather with shearling lining, not one piece correct? Pretty sure horses don't have fur, but hair. Why is this jacket your example when its not what drew is saying?

8. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

In his mind the horse hide plus the shearling would be more expensive then just a really high quality shearling finished on both sides, although I don't get how he can say this without know exactly where aero is sourcing the material from and the prices they are getting it for.

9. Carpenoctem

How can you say it isnt more expensive without knowing the same things? Reason dictates that it would be more expensive, especially since ive also already shown an example of a shearling coat, finished on the sheepskin side, which cost a mere $350 at retail. Its not like mink, which is only ever expensive. There are gradients of shearling, some of which costs next to nothing, some of which is pretty pricey, but in no case is shearling exotic. It only ever gets so expensive, and believe me the shearling in my aero is the good stuff. I fuck with shearling, i know the good stuff from the shitty stuff. Im wearing hand made shearling slippers right now actually.

Bottom line if drew cant produce a shearling for less than 3k he needs to get a new supplier or stop trying to buy cocaine laden shearling hides from mt olympus.

10. Carpenoctem

For good measure heres another example of a sheepskin flight coat finished on the leather side for a g. Union Made in the U.S.A by LOCAL 169 of WORKERS UNITED A/W SEIU.

http://www.schottnyc.com/products/men/bomber/classic-b-3-sheepskin-leather-bomber.htm

I know the same bs excuses "they buy in bulk!", "but ummmm their clothes dont fit that great!", blah blah blah my only point is if these guys can do it in america for a g, drew could do it to the same standards or higher in korea for a fuck of a lot less than 3k. Thats just a fact, if he cant do it then hes not looking in the righ places or he needs to reevaluate how he does business.

11. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

You could be right, but I wouldn't risk shouting at a man who takes pride in his vision and company and making an embarrassment of myself based on a notion that I was right... Because although you may even have an informed opinion, and Drew is certainly not all knowing, I would put my money on his word based purely on the fact that he certainly has more information on product costs and manufacturing costs then you do.

Furthermore you are arguing for the sake of hearing yourself speak, what in God's name could possibly come from this? Drew admit he is wrong and bow to you? Would that turn you on?

Get over it.

12. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

I do not read this thread to hear college kids and stay at home Dad's tell a man running a business they know very little about how to do so. If you have a picture to share or an idea to suggest by all means.. But to turn an idea that gets rejected into a giant argument is not only a stain on this thread, but can only lead to discouraging Drew from participation here and surely not result in your idea coming to fruition.

13. eidolarr

eidolarr Well-Known Member

It's a shame you let your ego swell so much. This could have been interesting as an actual discussion rather than bickering.

14. MikkoN

MikkoN Senior member

LOL. Tell them how it is Drew!

15. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Woodyear got mad b/c he felt Drew was flaking on the challenge of making a sheepskin flight jacket? In his defense, its a pretty sick idea, but A) to find the material up to Drew's standards B) take the time to find a design that is distinctly TOJ with a unique material and C) hope there is enough customers that want some WWII-steez bomber seems like quite an undertaking and not likely a high-volume production stream. TOJ seems to have plenty on their plate at the moment.

Woodyear; if you really meant to encourage TOJ's innovation/progression I think you just went about it the wrong way. You need to take a breath and take the Triumph out for a ride. TOJ is progressive because this forum business model allows intelligent and rational feedback (you sound intelligent but just stubborn and a bit of a spaz).

Don't call people sheep because they, too, enjoy the creative process and discussion, that shit is insulting.