Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

I still don't understand why Woodyear is still at it, considering that as TOJ does happen to be Drew's business he can do with it as he wishes. Of course, unlike a public company you can't just do a hostile takeover of the brand since TOJ IS Drew. In fact, if you think you can do it you can fly over to Korea right now and launch a competing shearling product to Aero! I'm sure if you Aero can do it for just over $1000 you can sell them to the forum for around that amount too right now, yes? :D

Clearly you have no concept of the difference between a vertically integrated company and a small custom outfit that pays per job to independent contractors.

2. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

Ya getting my hands into the pockets is awkward not because they are too small for my hands but because of the pulling at the chest. I think it will get easier with some good ol wear.

3. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

That looks tighter than my DR, seriously. Did you happen to size down?

4. jeo

jeo Member

Me too! Post pics when you get it

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Just went to small neighborhood burger shop that sells craft Kobe burgers, and threw a fuckin fit in the middle of the store. I asked them how they dare sell a single patty burger on a homemade bun for 1050 yen, when McDonald's is world famous for selling the Big Mac with TWO patties for as low as $2 sometimes, for limited times only, in other countries. I told them they were delusional and needed to come back to earth on their pricing, and that I'd pay no more than $1 for their homemade Kobe burgers.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i'm not sure how drew hasn't drank himself dead after reading some of these posts.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. puddin

puddin Senior member

i'm not sure why he doesn't just say "my shit costs more," and leave it at that. i think all but one person here understands that a small outfit making custom orders with high quality shit is expensive.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ Shit would cost a lot more if we bought it from a retailer or if there was even like an "official" website. business model and vision of TOJ is a gem, don't ever change.

Wearing my mDR today, so perfect and soft, could sleep in this thing, even after a soak.

10. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Drew im not gonna do your homework for you, this isnt rocket science its addition and subtraction.

Secondly, Aero has a very similar business model, they do business almost exclusively online and are a very small operation. One person taking orders and a few people making the leathers, each one is made by one of three women I believe. In this regard youre actually a larger company, so comparing them to McDonalds is just wrongheaded.

Thirdly, Drews shit doesnt "cost more", aeros run roughly the same price as a leather from drew, ranging from 600-1200 dollars with the shearling barnstormer I referenced being their most expensive model. Though miraculously it still only costs a fraction of drews 3k+ pipedream of a shearling.

I have no problem with Drews prices typically, I own two of his leathers. My whole problem is that theres a disconnect between his leather prices and his hypothetical shearling price. Hes acting like a shearling coat is made of pure gold and cocaine and anaconda or some shit. Its not made of mink pussy fur, its just sheepskin with the hair on.

Truthfully im dissapointed and kinda ticked off because I waited to see your shearling offering because I knew youd knock it out of the park, and I just feel like you pussed out. Nothing really new at all thus far for winter. I have the aero for utilitarian purposes (warm as fuck) but id like something else which is a little more slim and doesnt weigh like 30 lbs and no one else really offers that besides burberry prorsum for like 5k. Like you say, everything else is fake and overpriced and despite your ridiculous assumptions about me I'm very discerning.

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Maybe he just doesn't want to make a shearling jacket?

Either way, you write so many words that no one cares about.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Woodyear, do you have any experience manufacturing clothing, specifically leather jackets?

13. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

fuck you woodyear. just let drew earn his moolah. he wanna get rich like all of us do. you sound like a pampered kid whose parents refused to buy you a new toy. fuck.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

WOODYEAR, YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, read this:

The shearling and leather that Aero uses are far cheaper to them, and in general, than the shearling I am talking about using. The shearling I am talking about using is finished on both sides, the Aero's is not. That increases the price many fold. That is it. Everyone else has read this and understood this concept in all of the previous posts I have made, except for you.

Now, answer my questions that I re-quoted for you.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

drew - my sincere apologies for bringing this topic up and starting this sh!t storm