TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

To reference the fact that TOJ does not give it's clothes away for free, at cost, or run on a model where I pay you take my work, TOJ will be henceforth known as "Capitalist Pig Clothing Co." in order to satisfy Woodyear.

2. impolyt_one

That's pretty close, but we don't really have 'batches' as the number of orders that get put in is arbitrary, it's based on a lot of factors. If we're busy, we're busy. If we're not busy, that still doesn't mean it'll be made quickly - there are things to consider like, your final measurement set and spec (people change these like a month later) going across town and getting zippers dyed to match if one orders a non-black jacket, which takes several days of dying and then drying plus delivery or pickup, getting the leather ordered, paid, then delivered, and making sure all the hardware pieces are in. Since the zippers come from Japan, there was a wait on the whiskey leathers recently as we got bumrushed and ran out of the dyable zips. Happens sometimes - it'd be like a small countryside McDonald's getting hit up unexpectedly by a statewide convention of high schoolers on school buses and running out of burger buns, and having to go get more from the nearest McDonald's 30 minutes away. That happens on freak occasions.

Why we don't make everything in the exact order by timestamp - it's like putting together McDonald's hamburgers, of course - you wouldn't want to get a family sized order at once and then make a cheeseburger, then a big mac, then some chicken mcnuggets, and then go back and make another big mac, another cheeseburger, and some more mcnuggets - you'd pair them by kind within a reasonable timeframe so you can squirt the ketchup and mustard on two burgs at once, the special sauce on two big macs at once - small economies of scale, even if it's economy of effort.

3. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

So by any chance has anyone order the dark whiskey, I know you showed a sample but I don't really know what a dark whiskey looks like only an idea of what it might look like, if only I could see a whole product or something to get the look.

4. Islander

Islander Senior member

Guess I got lucky... just checked and my CWU45 was 10 days from order confirmation to shipping in mid-Sept.

Found some bomber pics which I will sprinkle throughout this thread whenever, had to crop out certain things (face included), sloppy pic but real life TOJ so... yeah, enjoy my torso.

[​IMG]

Shirt is TOJ as well.

5. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Does washing the leather smooth the grain of the jacket?

6. impolyt_one

no, it makes the grain of lamb more noticeable actually. The way it comes from us is about as smooth as it will be, and it will just become more naturally-grained looking over time.

7. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

I've just hit the 3 week mark on waiting for my MDR... the wait is unbearable...

8. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

dark whiskey as requested...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  9. Grug

Grug Senior member

Try eight. :butbut:

Beautiful. These whiskey calf leathers are looking like the nicest I've ever seen on ToJ jackets.

10. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

I don't think he quite understood the difference between shearling attached to an outer shell of horsehide and a jacket made only of shearling. He probably also thinks that you have access to all the leather suppliers in Pakistan and use malnourished child slave labor and the economies of scale that implies, rather than the local markets in Seoul and the highly skilled workers you employ.

11. impolyt_one

Honestly, I think Woodyear may be mistaken about what wages are like in various countries, and the kinds of people who are employed for these things. The answers may surprise people I guess.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

Thats fucking insane

The quality of that leather reminds me of a Carpe Diem leather moto that I sent to Drew ages ago, minus the pre distressing that it came with.

The richness in the colour, the translucency, the depth

That is seuxal right there

Im hoping that drew brings back the collared moto, and in some cool leathers i.e like a dark grey calf or a horse hide, or a black horsehide or something crazy

I want the razele collared moto after I finish my bomber tip :embar:

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Also for people that don't understand the value in ToJ

Just go buy other shit, don't fuck up this thread, your just going to be disappointed as you chase deals your entire life anyway lulz

Seriously I don't understand you people, go handle some junk leathers and come back

14. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

What's the estimated wait like for a fishtail if i order now? I'm gonna need a winter coat, but right now the weather doesn't seem to bad. Drew do you have any samples for sale? or leftovers?

15. Sxcdesiboi69

Sxcdesiboi69 Member

Month maybe 2 months, choosing to kawp nao with all them toj1s doesn't help your situation i guess