TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

question would it be possible to do brass/copper hardware on a DR

2. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

doesnt some zipper company make zippers with different colored teeth? like some black, some silver, some gunmetal or someting like that? would probably look awesome on toj but idk depends on the look you'd like

3. twenty-three

twenty-three Member

is it true that the bomber jacket has a fox fur collar? [​IMG]

4. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Bleh my moto is too small it was a pipe dream thinking I could fit into a 44. The leather is no joke though I'm definitely going to have to order a brown bomber soon.

5. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

is it true that the bomber jacket has a fox fur collar? [​IMG]

I think they said that that was an optional addition a while ago, obviously for extra $. No idea whether it's still available. Not to hate, but TOJ stuff becomes available and unavailable with a swift breeze

6. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

an often-forgotten fact is that the bomber comes with the shearling collar. great for weather below 50 imo, though i don't think the jacket looks as good with it on.

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Not to hate, but TOJ stuff becomes available and unavailable with a swift breeze
    i read through the entire thread on both sufu and sf over the span of two weeks when i started doing research on the DR, and every 50 pages or so some nonamenewb comes along and complains about lines being discontinued, or options not being fully disclosed. tired of hearing this shit. tldr: check in once a week. toj usually gives a heads up wayyy in advance when they wanna shut something down. your bad if you miss it.

8. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

i read through the entire thread on both sufu and sf over the span of two weeks when i started doing research on the DR, and every 50 pages or so some nonamenewb comes along and complains about lines being discontinued, or options not being fully disclosed. tired of hearing this shit.
    Well, does it seem customer friendly that you've had to read through entire threads, or were you just looking for a thumbs up for your hard work? Consider this, I've had multiple people ask me about my toj items and how they can get one. I could send them to the unofficial toj page but obviously it's crazy outdated. Should I send them a link to this thread and say 'have fun'? Perhaps the creators can't handle any more business, and this forum update format helps weed out the customer base. Rest assured, there's many more buyers to be had.

9. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

Well, does it seem customer friendly that you've had to read through entire threads, or were you just looking for a thumbs up for your hard work? Consider this, I've had multiple people ask me about my toj items and how they can get one. I could send them to the unofficial toj page but obviously it's crazy outdated. Should I send them a link to this thread and say 'have fun'? Perhaps the creators can't handle any more business, and this forum update format helps weed out the customer base. Rest assured, there's many more buyers to be had.

Pretty sure Drew knows how popular and how many more people he can get to buy TOJ. But, I'm also pretty sure at one point he said he doesn't want it to blow up yet. Kind of an exclusive club in that you have to follow along to know what's happening.

10. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

did you mean this page that has all the current models available, what prices they're being sold at, measurements, instructions on how to order, expected lead times and updates on what's going on?

My initial reaction is to take my hat off to you and say you're 100% correct. I've never seen that page, and you undoubtedly found it in your apparently excellent knowledge of this thread. It would be helpful if that link was in the first post though, don't you think, or maybe somehow more evident? The only toj page I was aware of was the graphr.net site, which like I said was really outdated. I'll be sure to forward the link to some of my interested friends, thanks.

11. computurd

computurd Senior member

Has ToJs quick replies and customer service made any body else impatient with other companies?

Before I used to find it normal to wait a couple of days to get an answer back from other online shops but after ToJ and their often not even 10-15 minute replies waiting a couple of days is now nearly unbearable. [​IMG]

12. APK

APK Senior member

I barely follow this thread and was still aware of the new page and never feel out-of-the-loop when it comes to the discontinuation of models. Checking in here even intermittently makes such knowledge possible.

13. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Fishtail is in Chicago- I'm hoping Tuesday.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

got some shirts, and a bag I want to put up tonight. A sample sale will happen this week, not tonight.