TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Man, I really want a black lamb DR, but I also want a whiskey leather for spring. Oh the decisions.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i was just thinking this too! i want a high-collar bomber though [​IMG]

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i was just thinking this too! i want a high-collar bomber though [​IMG]
    I think the reason why I really like the bomber is because of the furry collar. The only ToJ piece in whiskey that I'v seen was a DR. I went ahead and ordered a whiskey bomber last week along with a camel peacoat. Cannot wait to get them. I'm sure the whiskey hue is more beautiful in real life than in pictures.

Currently waiting on 3 ToJ pieces. It would be super awesome if all 3 were delivered on the same day. [​IMG]

3. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

There're already two or three whiskey bombers in the TOJ gallery if you want a peek.

If someone hadn't left a nice dent on my car, I'd be throwing a big chunk of my tax refund at the temple for both a black lamb DR and a whiskey lamb collar moto. Now I have to actually choose. Talk about first world problems.

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

hahahahahaha

"I think I'm going to take some business away from the threadowners and they'll have no problem with this at all"

To be fair, they aren't making varsities right now :\\

5. FrankieGT

FrankieGT Active Member

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I think it would be awesome if Drew put out one more varsity. One last hurrah for a classic, and then retired it forever. That way the people who regrettably missed out on previous renditions can get what they want, knowing this will be their last chance ever, and afterwards Drew can get back to making leathers & such without people bothering him to bring back varsities. Oh and it would be dope if it didn't have raglan sleeves.

Your fault for missing it every other time.

7. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

He's done that before it's just new people come to find the brand later than others and want the varsity. If he makes another then subsequently discountinues it, people will emerge after asking for more. I don't blame you guys it's a great jacket.

I'll try to post fishtail pics tomorrow let you guys judge the fit.

8. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I suppose I'm late to the game, so I don't know this, but why did he discontinue the Varsity?

It seems to be very popular

9. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

I suppose I'm late to the game, so I don't know this, but why did he discontinue the Varsity?

It seems to be very popular

costs too much to make, not worth it

10. El Gordo

El Gordo Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten a DR in brown leather? I couldn't find any pictures in the gallery and I'm thinking it could look pretty good. Or is it just a terrible idea and I should go hang myself in a macys?

11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Has anyone gotten a DR in brown leather? I couldn't find any pictures in the gallery and I'm thinking it could look pretty good. Or is it just a terrible idea and I should go hang myself in a macys?
    it looks great.. but I question how hard you actually looked through all three pages of the DRs lol https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj_dr_fw10/slipgun.jpg.html https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj_dr_fw10/slipgun2.jpg.html https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj_dr_fw10/slipgun_001.jpg.html

12. El Gordo

El Gordo Well-Known Member

Damn my monitor sucks, I thought that was dark grey

thanks though, I'll probably order when I can get the funds together

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

costs too much to make, not worth it

It was selling too cheap anyway. Put $150 on the price and it would sell just as well.

14. computurd

computurd Senior member

I dont think I am feeling the blacked out leathers as much as I thought I wouldve. The silver zippers are cooler.

15. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

I dont think I am feeling the blacked out leathers as much as I thought I wouldve. The silver zippers are cooler.

Yeah I had the option to black out my DR, but I'm very happy I chose to keep the silver hardware, gives it a much different look that I prefer.