TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. APK

APK Senior member

Just based on your WTB signature, those measurements sound like trouble. When I briefly owned a ToJ moto in what was more or less a 50, the chest was *just* right, and that's back when my chest was 40".

2. Dellath

Dellath Senior member

I remember that, I wasn't a huge fan of CWU45 until i saw that one. If i ever trashed my black CM i would snatch that jacket up in a heart beat!

3. stick

stick Senior member

Why are there so many people who don't seem to understand how basic sizing works? Those numbers at the top of the chart aren't arbitrary, they're sizes. A size European 48 is a US size 38, which means it's sized for a 38" chest. I wonder, then, why a 41" chest had trouble squeezing into a size 48.

4. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

5. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

6. Sxcdesiboi69

Sxcdesiboi69 Member

How does one acquire dat tote bag for academic purposes [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

8. Kross

Kross Senior member

My obsession with this thread is really fucking disturbing.

9. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

ohh crap... Thanks anyways!

No chance of a revival of the baseball jacket??

10. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

That can't be right. 21" p2p on a 48 for a 38" chest?

Isn't there a ~2" vanity sizing difference? I'm a 39" chest and always fitted in between 48 and 46, usually leaning towards 46 for coats and 47 for leathers.

11. 89andy

89andy Senior member

I'm 36.5" chest and I wear 46. I can't imagine having a 39" chest and fitting into a 46.

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Hey Drew some suggestions for the fishtail, being an owner of one of the navy 2011 models. :slayer:

I ordered my fishtail slightly oversized and I think it looks pretty fucking bad ass on me. I know you're never going to aim for that look as the default drew but I much prefer the way the shoulders and sleeve lengths sit and the body length falls on my coat to a lot of the images in the gallery. P2p my coat is a little big for me but I don't mind it.One complaint i have is that the hood, when fully extended with the dilophosaurus leather frill, is fucking enormous. People have talked about this. I can only assume that you decided to have the hood this way so that when it's not worn it completely covers the shoulders and creates a cool visual effect or you literally wanted to model a military issue coat that would fit a helmet under the hood. That's how big the hood on this thing is for those of you who don't know. With the frill folded up, it's fine, however I for one would like to show off one of the coolest details about this piece. IPart of the appeal of the coat is that it's something I want to wear in foul weather, except I have to kinda fuck with the hood in order to see out from under it because it's sooooo big. Weirdly, I rarely wear my fox fur trim, probably because my ex was super offended by it and I'm now attached to the simple leather wool contrast.

I agree with your impulse to lengthen the back, that's probably my only other complaint with the coat, is that it doesn't look super fish-tail-y to me because the back is almost square and nearly even with the front. I also tied off the tail draw string because it was catching on shit, it looks pretty cool. For a little bit I was also fucking with the waist draw string, pulling it tight and tying it and trying to achieve the cinched waist look. Didn't look too great because the fabric is just too big and the way my coat is cut there's just too much material but it's actually kind of a fun way to close up the jacket if you don't feel like fucking with the buttons or the zipper. Actually I don't think I've ever used the zipper, I mostly just use the collar button(s) but that' just me, I think it looks real awesome with just one of those high buttons done and the rest open.

Anyway I love my fishtail, I wear it all the time, I break it out pretty much as soon it's like 60 and a little rainy, I pull the liner out and use it as a rain coat, it's just so cool and the navy black contrast it pretty epic. Sometimes I wish I had gone with brown or grey since sometimes I don't want navy over by mostly black outfits when I pull that out. I think it would be fucking amazing if you offered the fishtail in a super light ashey grey almost white or canvas color, and also a very dark heathered charcoal in addition to the medium grey, navy, black, green/brown. Gonna throw it on in a minute over heat tech t, cut off sweats, leggings and cp his on my way to the gym for an intramural dodgeball tournament. :slayer:

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Same here. My chest measures 37'' on the dot and I wear a 46 in most ToJ pieces.

14. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

I'm 38" chest and I wear 48. On another note, I'm selling a size 48 winter varsity black/gray check out the sig.

15. stick

stick Senior member

21" p2p for a 38" chest? What's wrong with that?

If you have a 38" chest, that means with a paper thin tape measure wrapped skin tight around your chest, the circumference is 38".

Now imagine a leather jacket that measures 19" p2p. That's 19" p2p on the outside, which means the inner circumference, with the thickness of the leather and the lining, is closer to 18.5".

Now add in the thickness of whatever layer(s) you're wearing underneath, even if it's just a shirt/tee.

Now add in the fact that a skin tight bomber is fucking retarded.

If you fit a 46/47 with a 39" chest, you're either measuring your chest horribly wrong, or you look like a leather/wool clad sausage in your clothes.