TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. emilo

emilo Senior member

So.. You kinda really need to set up this place somewhere on the globe called 'the temple', where we can come get a coffee or a beer, get measured, buy jackets (and whateves you might be coming up with). I'd totally make a trip for that!

2. emilo

emilo Senior member

Oh, might as well add: It is impossible to wear your TOJ1 around people without getting compliments, so if your really shy; stay the f*ck away :slayer:

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

Hey Drew,

I know this might be kind of a stupid inquiry, but since you opened up the floor to questions, I was wondering what exactly you meant by "square-shouldered." I'm guessing that this is in comparison to leather jackets with more rounded shoulders (can't really see this in my mind)?

Also, really looking forward to seeing some fit pics of nineohtoo's ribbed-collar bomber. :eek:

4. ALEN003

ALEN003 Senior member

I hope this is true, almost 2 weeks into my order.:D

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

but drew, you did live together with someone and had like 30 thousand worth of rick and thats where it came from iirc :nodding:

6. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

If the TOJ1 gets discontinued, will there be a winter version of the varsity released?

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

man, it wasn't Rick, it was steez - me and winq rolled pretty hard via whatever brand, all over some unsuspecting Koreans. It was a good little 3-month run. They still don't even know what happened, I see some of the fashunz kids at the markets and they look at me like they know me, but they have no idea. lol

8. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

details?

9. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

So, question (I don't think it's been answered yet, but if so, feel free to berate me constantly): is the Collared Moto going to be making a return in the lamb, non-VTG leather style? I know it's been hinted at, but I didn't know if a different version was going to be made for the lamb leather, or if the lamb version is essentially exactly the same as the VTG version...or maybe it's not coming back at all. Just curious, gotta decide between Collared Moto and the CWU-45, need TOJ swag in my life.

10. impolyt_one

it will. how much do you want it? (you don't have to answer that, it has been very vaguely detailed that it is a production model, just that it has zipped pockets and zipped cuffs just like before) - let us know when you want it.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

My second TOJ should be coming soon...

...correct me if I'm wrong Drew, but I think it's one of the secret menu items...or just not explicitly unveiled yet...

...maybe you could use the jacket as the "sample" picture.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

12. impolyt_one

we might. I am trying to prevent product smear so that it doesn't become a catalog with promotions and stuff.

On the flip side, willy has graciously updated the gallery to my wishes and is showing the current models for order, and has backlogged the discontinued models in their own place.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I have received compliments on all of my TOJ pieces, from regular folks to tailors.

I'm not white so if I don't feel like talking, I just smile and nod and pretend like I'm a foreigner who just got off the plane.

14. GBear

GBear Senior member

Dayum wj4, that's what I do. But I think I've got a total of two compliments on any of my TOJ pieces. Rough.

15. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I think I want it a lot...such a hard choice between that and the CWU-45 though, one day I wake up and think one, then the other. I get the impression that not a whole lot would be changing on the Collared Moto as far as the base design goes, except for maybe some augmentation of the collar design (post collar-molding drama); am I on the right page with that assumption?