TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Give us more hint for the Secret Weapon of Jawnz

+ while you said the moto should have a square cut shoulders I find my moto to be draping and curve following the shape of my shoulders. Were they measured wrong? Should I still follow this measurement for getting a pea coat?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

2. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

I'm having a feeling that just refers to the strength of the shoulder in relation to many other jackets. While I don't think there is actually any significant padding ala a suit jacket going on these jackets are more structured than many 'fashion' jackets.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

That, it's just likely you have more curved shoulders (you do, I've met you in person) rather than squared shoulders. Sizing for a peacoat is based off your shoulders, so yes, just measure at the same points that Moto shoulder seams hit.

4. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

I bought a TOJ1 AND a Junya fair isle varsity. To me, they don't overlap XD

5. netsua

netsua Senior member

Do you know if the chesterfield is reemerging?

6. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

TOJ0 Red/Cream Driggs Ave in Brooklyn last night--show yourself!

7. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

For people with concerns about lamb durability, toj held up fine front and center at the torche/part chimp show last night. :slayer:

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Did I really promise this? :eek:

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I kind of like it when I'm around sharp objects and get scrapes and tears on my jacket..

I got a tear on my right bicep and on my left lapel and I don't plan on repairing them.

10. impolyt_one

I'm not sure. We made a sample, but as with everything, it has to reach a level of perfection where I'm willing to let it go from my grip and out into the world unguarded, for enjoyment and for scrutiny; that level was not breached yet. I am coming to a point where I feel the clothes are reaching high levels, I mean really unimaginable if I take into account my beginnings in early 2009; but as always, I don't want to release things that aren't up to my standard of quality and complication, or value content. It'd be a quick spiral down if I ever did something like that.

11. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

Is there still new styles of winter coats coming out? (shorter hooded)

12. impolyt_one

Yes, but some prototyping disappointments; if it is not perfected, it will not come out.

13. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

So you mean a prototype has also been made for the short hood coats but you weren't happy with it? If so are you gonna try to make another one

14. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

drew, be like ferran adria and take occasional sabbaticals (stop taking orders)

15. impolyt_one

I'm kinda taking a sabbatical right now, but stuff is not finished enough for me to really let go of it, stuff is actually backed up on some models, so I have to keep watching til I feel ready to let Charly and Dan do their respective jobs and I don't really need to keep tabs. Also, the prototypes weren't done to my liking yet, and so that is gonna require some work on my part. I don't know if I will get to take a real break but I'd like to. It'd be beneficial. There's just a shitload of work to be able to make an offering to the people, and it really is like a restaurant, as I've always said.
    The analogy can be drawn to almost every quarter, there is some sort of analog that exists. That makes it sound kind of bleak as it is common knowledge that restaurants go out of business all the time due to mismanagement, bad performance, etc - but it counts out the smaller entities who don't wish to do anything but serve good food reliably and sustainably for years, which is where I think TOJ sits. If we were a restaurant and it lasted 40 years, Charly would be the guy who still proudly puts on a tuxedo for work, informs you of what is on the menu and jots down your order on some notepad we made years back, and makes sure you get a great experience; gives it to Dan who has been in the back of the kitchen cursing at all the small problems but still turns out beautiful plates; I am kinda like the maitre d/owner who also develops the recipes, a GM of sorts - we just have our own groove and enjoy it. We don't really come near other clothes and we also try to avoid that.

There was some dude on here who actually thought me/charly/dan actually lived together in a home we called the 'temple of jawnz' - lol. Never been like that, none of us have lived together. We did all live in Seoul at the same time for about a year and worked together, but still did not meet up daily or anything like that, and didn't need to - the work we do is separate. Now that we have all scattered across the globe, the feeling is generally the same and we speak as often and like we did before - it doesn't seem any farther across the world than it did being across town. Technology is a great thing.