TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

how tall are you? 26.5 sleeves seems quite short. Asking because I'm 5'5 and I am about to order 28 sleeves. Is it shorter because the peacoat isn't raglan?

2. Goombi

Goombi Senior member

Yes. Better remeasure or you'll be swamping in sleeve.

3. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Dude, there isn't necessarily a direct relationship between height and arm length. I'm 6'1 and I only need 25" sleeves for my T-Rex arms. Knowing his height isn't going to help you with your sleeve measurements.

Agree that 28" seems like a lot. Who knows, maybe you have Kevin Durant type arms.

4. demonsblood

demonsblood Well-Known Member

Here is a my contribution, since I have yet to see another person go with the white/black combo for this run of toj1's

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My first impression of the toj1 was that it was very stiff. Like raw denim its sorta getting softer now, especially the body area. The arms are very smooth an supple, the calf skin is very good quality. However, i'm am now sorta wondering how TOJ lambskin feels like, hopefully just as soft if not softer than me Superdry Brad leather jacket. This past week I have already received numerous comments on it ahaa. This piece will probably be one of my staple wardrobe pieces for the years to come!

Thanks Drew!

On another note, Peacoat, Duffle Coat? :slayer:

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

6. stick

stick Senior member

28" sleeves for someone 5'5" is absolutely ridiculous.

It sounds like the guy measured his sleeves using the raglan method (collar to wrist). Why he would that is beyond me.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

the 5'5 guy with 28" sleeves is confusing raglan sleeve for set-in sleeve. 26.5" on a straight-cut sleeve (rider's, coat, etc) is totally normal for someone anywhere from 5'9" to about 6' or maybe even taller.

Uncontrol's sleeves have just stretched in the high-pressure areas naturally, that's what happens with the lamb. It also shrinks back in, it's humidity and temperature dependent. If it didn't stretch, that'd be weird, and make it a lot less comfortable too.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Also, you guys gotta stop pm'ing me about TOJ stuff. If it's about the clothes, email Charly, that is his job.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

S2R pix.

10. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

The majority of poasters have the attention to detail and attention span of 12 year olds. :D

11. iroh

iroh Senior member

i see what you are trying to get at. however the left lapel snakeskin is balanced by the right lapel's snakeskin, the lower pocket just juts out and is an odd shape (5 point pocket), it doesn't have a place in a refined jacket like this one. even if it is supposedly to be a part of a balancing act, a redesign of the pocket to another shape would have been a better choice. I don't have the time to think of the possibilities for improvement so I opted for the removal just to see how it looks; it is much better and sleeker.

[​IMG]

it reminds me of this jacket (which looks much better without the tumor pocket):

[​IMG]

thoughts and analysis?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

12. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

wrong.

13. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

Stop over analyzing this, it was what he wanted and it looks great, let it go.

14. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

have you ever considered that shit like this may be why people don't like you?

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It's a motorcycle jacket in the end. This kind of pocket is common. It's there because I wanted it and I think it looks pretty fucking cool.

I don't think that's it, it was like this when I put it on for the first time. But if it would just stretch anyway I'll probably just leave it as it is.