TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I don't know who you are, but you're connected to my brain man. And you might want to up your peacoat WTB, because there aren't enough used TOJ peacoats out there. :eek:

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yessir, a bit over a week now :)

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Ha I think I was a bit harsh in my appraisal. I think it's because for me, I feel like the DR is a jacket that should be as fitted as possible, and I guess that's what I was looking for. I didn't mean to insult you or your product! I really like your guys' stuff, and when I get some more funds together, I'll likely ask you to make me something

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

50/50 is not really the reality of it though, you should go and try some off the rack jackets and come back to this. Maybe you do not understand TOJ.

5. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

Tracking received. Excited for a couple of minutes, then I'm like this for the next 5-7 days
    [​IMG]

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

That's what I was saying, my 50/50 was really inaccurate. I just have a different idea of fit, preconceptions I guess. It was more like 80% of the fits I liked, 20% I thought could be closer to the body. I really didn't mean to offend you, it was just an offhand comment and i've been up literally all night doing a bib trad paper

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yikes, where do you live? Most guys get their packages in ~3 days once we ship it out.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  8. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

no shipping number :(

9. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

I feel your pain, I just want to swag out in my bomber man!

10. Islander

Islander Senior member

Reedo, almost everyone who has done this ends up like "well the shoulders are too tight and I can't raise my arms." I bet many of those fitted jackets in the gallery were later flipped on B&S so guys could size up. I made that mistake too, man, don't go there. Find someone to measure you, measure a jacket that fits, make sure the two sets of measurements converge and submit to TOJ. They will ask the right questions and make it right.

P.S. What's bib trad?

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

+1 on finding someone else to measure you, it makes a big difference. For example: If you measure your own chest, it will be around 1 inch smaller than what it would be if you were to stand straight with arms down and someone else measuring it.

12. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

I recently ordered the toj1 and i'm afraid that i made the front length too long. I am 151 pounds, 5foot8.5inches tall. My front length was measured by a friend to be 23.62 inches. This was measured from the beginning of the collarbone to the mid rise of my pants. I was wearing new standards at the time, and we ended the measure right at the middle of the fly. I ordered the size 48 with size 46 sleeves, I was wondering if I should have ordered 46 front length and back length as well?? Thanks!

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I think you'll be okay. 5'7, went with 22" front length and it's fine.

14. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

I calculated in the fact that the customs guys will probably want to touch and smell the leather for a couple of days, so wednesday-friday seems realistic :D

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

I remember when Drew first started making the first DRs he allowed people to submit measurements...must've been a clusterfuck lol. But yea, Charly and Drew are sizing gods. After a few years I would assume they know what they're doing. I was hesitant when I first ordered my DR, but I trusted Charly's advice and my fit is perfect.

Did I mishear Drew when he said he was considering releasing a shearling this season a couple months back?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011