Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I don't own a TOJ peacoat but I seriously think you would be fine at those temps without the quilt lining. Just throw on a sweater under and you should be fine.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

emilo, based on the findings I've made from a worldwide questionnaire and biometric testing of 25,000 fashion-conscious guys, their body temperatures and the temperatures at which they feel 'warm' at - I'd say you could wear the peacoat with quilted lining and feel 'warm'

3. impolyt_one

btw, anybody notice that we long surpassed the million view mark in this thread? TOJ threaks have accrued something like 3 million views lifetime now, I think. That's pretty good for 2 years and some change, for a mostly singular purpose.

4. impolyt_one

actually, scratch that, I think it could be something like close to 4 million, as I believe it was up to 2.4 mil when I closed the last thread and started this one.

If we had a brick and mortar store we'd be replacing the floorboards every year, with this much traffic. :eek:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

5. impolyt_one

I was sitting in the bathtub earlier, and I realized that I think I want to start a design entity or something, do product design, kinda casual thing but put out some furniture and living products and beyond. Anybody else do something like that? We could get an office and be official and shit, I have enough things I want to make already, for my own kicks, that I think it'd be worth it.

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ leather is addicting, I think I'm due for my fix. :nodding:

7. altemp

altemp Senior member

Bless has been doing it successfully for years. Honestly don't see why you couldn't with what I've read from your posts over the past few years.

8. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

I was actually wearing the Peacoat up until -30 degrees outside. I was indeed cold in those temperatures, but at -10, it should be pretty warm. I also did not have any quilting, so that's going to make it even warmer for you.

However, I would like to know if the Fishtail Parka can help me survive -20+ degrees??

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

9. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

ya and a million of those views are from people checking when the winter jackets are coming out

10. impolyt_one

I think if you dressed appropriately along with the fishtail, you'd be fine. It's got a lot of layers in the coat itself, and then if you wore something like Heat Tech and a thin knit under a thicker knit, you'd be warm. In Korea we'd go out all day in -20C temps and we wore leather jackets most of the time, lol. Had to wear Heat Tech, at least one warm knit if not two thin ones, but it was mostly my legs that got cold.

11. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Yeah, I was thinking about doing Heat Tech + Flannel/Knit/Hoodie + Parka for the winter. Also, Heat Tech + Jeans for legs. Now I need boots, any recs? Haha.

Also, do you plan on upgrading the Fishtail this year or will it be the same? I'm hesitating on getting it right away, or waiting for one of your new coats :slayer:.

12. impolyt_one

Fishtail will be the same weight and basic material, design is remixed though. It's gonna be the next piece out. It's the heaviest/warmest TOJ, for sure.

13. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Can't wait!! This is awesome news! Will there be any other winter coats?? :nodding:

14. Kross

Kross Senior member

How many pieces are you coming out with this winter Drew? We have pea/duffle/parka, should we expect anything else?

15. Grug

Grug Senior member

Any chance of whiskey leathers shipping out this Friday (i.e. today)?