TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 89andy

89andy Senior member

People with 36-37inch chest, please post fit pics of TOJ1 ..... PLEASE

2. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

my biceps are the same size as my shoulder length whats up

3. emilo

emilo Senior member

TOJ1 Burgundy fit pic.

I'm 175 cm, 70 kg, and it's a 48 with a little shorter sleeves. Its thight in the armpits and a bit in the chest.. Fine when I only wear a tshirt though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

4. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

Hey about to pull trigger on a toj1 in bourne colorway. I have a 37inch chest, measured with a plain white tee on, slightly above the nipple. I am afraid a 48 would be too big but 46 seems to tight of a fit. What do you guys think?

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I'm guessing 48. I'm a 36 chest and the 46 is snug in the armhole and shoulder.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i support toj. wth is this nude bones ?? seems like a buyer/previous worker of the temple

7. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

Just ordered the 48 size toj1 in bourne colorway with 46 sleeve and both lengths. Hope it comes before december although doubtful

8. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

Would soaking a "washed" lambskin DR be bad for the jacket? And would it even have any effect since it is already "washed"?

9. Grug

Grug Senior member

You can hardly call the Nude Bones stuff TOJ-knock offs, all of their jacket styles are pretty common.

10. neighbor

neighbor Member

Agreed, TOJ1 looking jacket maybe...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The Nude Bones thing is kinda troubling, I'm surprised to hear of them. There are a lot of brands like this out there, though they never really make any waves outside of Korea. They are a step above Zipia or something, it's generic Korean factory-made fast fashion, except some like this Nude Bones are made with better materials than Zipia or the like and cost multiples more. They must have a lot of people and a lot of money, because they're looking for a designer:
    http://blog.naver.com/nudebones/20139387643

The name must be a knockoff of 'Dry Bones' (the logo looks like it too) with a bit of 'Nudies' built in? Their mix of styles goes from full out technical pieces to Amekaji leathers and stuff, kinda weird. I mean, lol, I make a mix of styles, but the mix that Nude Bones has makes me feel unsettled. No driving aesthetic or commonality between the styles. Western leather, two-tone DR, M65, then the mountain parka and the other tech shell - weird mix.

Their prices are good though, I gotta give them that - in the end it's either running a bunch in a factory and getting them cheaper, or doing them one by one and being able to customize the size - I choose the latter because I think that a great fitting leather jacket is arch. Me, I'd rather only have one style if it meant having the fit and aesthetic I want, versus just throwing a bunch of shit out there and hoping something sticks. It's like, who is this made for? With TOJ something like that doesn't happen, I know why and for whom the pieces are made. I like that. It helps when going to bed at night, knowing the purpose of my work. The idea of a conventional webstore like that Nude Bones makes it all the more apparent to me that something soulless like that isn't what I want to do.

12. impolyt_one

there's not a big point to doing that. You'll only degrade the leather more.

13. impolyt_one

If your shoulder span measures out shorter than your neck around, then you're doing it wrong.... at your height and weight I bet you are at least a 15.5/16" neck, so something should signal that 13.28" s2s (and how did you get it to measure exactly 13.28"? lol) is not wide enough. I mean, it's possible, but you wouldn't have arms....

14. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

15. realmisr

realmisr Well-Known Member

Again, I will never understand how it would be possible to measure wrong when there is a step by step photo + description guide. Good lord.