TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

the pocket flaps are too much flash. TOJ seems to have always been a understated high quality remake of classic pieces, and the massive leather pocket flap seems--dare i say, ED HARDY ESQUE.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I like the stitching. It's also supremely functional - they keep everything together, as you can see from the shot where you see lining peeking out.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think its a little busy, but if it's functional i wouldn't mind it. is the back straight? no vents? dual vents?

i think i might get my girl either a coat or a leather jacket and a pair of oxfords this christmas

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

No pocket flaps. The throat closure looks good as is, but did you consider having it offset and having more of a tab closure?

5. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Really like the throat closure, and the stitching detail around the toggles. So torn on where I stand on the pockets, though. I really like the flaps but either option is going to make this coat look amazing. No flaps would give it this minimalist dark-fashiony flow. flaps give it a brutal, utilitarian, post apocalyptic military feel. Horn on the wrist seems like a bit too much, though. It's really cool when you look at the wrist straps themselves, but in the context of the rest of the jacket, maybe they're more toggle than the jacket needs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

6. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

how about leather wrist straps? I think that would be a nice touch.

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

I like the pocket flaps. would be something nice to touch :D

8. user7

user7 Senior member

yay.

throat closure looks good.

get rid of wrist toggles.

not that im buying one, so ignore me, but my 2 cents. (my TOJ fishtail > duffel, :slayer:)

9. tangential

tangential Senior member

Looks great! How about open angled patch pockets?

Don't like wrist straps in general.

10. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

The stitching looks good, adds visual interest and frames the straps nicely.

Not a fan of the leather pocket flaps, looks a bit cheap and blingy. The flaps on last year's duffle were perfect -- why change them?

New toggles and straps look great, very tempted to pick up another duffle now actually.

Throat closure looks alright with the jacket lying down, but I'd be more interested in seeing how it looks when actually wearing it with the hood down.

Btw. any chance of larger hoods or adjustable size hoods? I got last year's duffle which is great, but the hood is too small for me. Long neck + head = :(

11. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Sounds like a nice idea. The leather flaps don't look that nice in the picture but might be the poor picture quality that ruins them. Might be that they blend better together with the coat irl. Throat closure looks nice and kind of like the small wrist strap toggle.

12. netsua

netsua Senior member

The new duffle is nice but I must agree that I'm not really a fan of the leather flaps/new wrist straps. I hope the chesterfield stays close to the original, that thing was perfect.

13. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

yay

edit: i like the horn on the cuff (at a minimum, should remain as an option).

and hand-warmers.

14. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Leather flaps would look really awesome if they didn't button down, but were just flaps.

Do those pockets have side entry as well? I can't tell from the photos.

Horn on the cuff is a bit much, moving the buttons there would balance everything out.

Two button throat closure instead of the flap is a nice touch too. When worn buttoned up does it end up giving that shape tech jackets give where there is a sort of bowl covering up your neck and chin, flowing around into the hood? I love it when coats do that :nodding:

Still a really beautiful coat though. First time I've seen the ToJ duffel and I like what I see!

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

No button for pocket, no wrist strap, handwarmer for pocket and allow us to choose neck length and hood size.