• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

also not a fan of the stitching around the toggles.

I like the stitching. It's also supremely functional - they keep everything together, as you can see from the shot where you see lining peeking out.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think its a little busy, but if it's functional i wouldn't mind it. is the back straight? no vents? dual vents?

i think i might get my girl either a coat or a leather jacket and a pair of oxfords this christmas

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No pocket flaps. The throat closure looks good as is, but did you consider having it offset and having more of a tab closure?

omgcookielol

Reaction score
Really like the throat closure, and the stitching detail around the toggles. So torn on where I stand on the pockets, though. I really like the flaps but either option is going to make this coat look amazing. No flaps would give it this minimalist dark-fashiony flow. flaps give it a brutal, utilitarian, post apocalyptic military feel. Horn on the wrist seems like a bit too much, though. It's really cool when you look at the wrist straps themselves, but in the context of the rest of the jacket, maybe they're more toggle than the jacket needs.

Last edited:

user7

Reaction score

Was thinking of not having flaps on the pockets, and just a leather tip on open patch pockets - yay/nay?

yay.

throat closure looks good.

get rid of wrist toggles.

not that im buying one, so ignore me, but my 2 cents. (my TOJ fishtail > duffel, :slayer:)

obiter dictum

Reaction score
also not a fan of the stitching around the toggles.

I like the stitching. It's also supremely functional - they keep everything together, as you can see from the shot where you see lining peeking out.

The stitching looks good, adds visual interest and frames the straps nicely.

Not a fan of the leather pocket flaps, looks a bit cheap and blingy. The flaps on last year's duffle were perfect -- why change them?

New toggles and straps look great, very tempted to pick up another duffle now actually.

Throat closure looks alright with the jacket lying down, but I'd be more interested in seeing how it looks when actually wearing it with the hood down.

Btw. any chance of larger hoods or adjustable size hoods? I got last year's duffle which is great, but the hood is too small for me. Long neck + head = :(

Biggen

Reaction score

Was thinking of not having flaps on the pockets, and just a leather tip on open patch pockets - yay/nay?

Sounds like a nice idea. The leather flaps don't look that nice in the picture but might be the poor picture quality that ruins them. Might be that they blend better together with the coat irl. Throat closure looks nice and kind of like the small wrist strap toggle.

netsua

Reaction score
The new duffle is nice but I must agree that I'm not really a fan of the leather flaps/new wrist straps. I hope the chesterfield stays close to the original, that thing was perfect.

sahbryant

Reaction score

yay

edit: i like the horn on the cuff (at a minimum, should remain as an option).

and hand-warmers.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Leather flaps would look really awesome if they didn't button down, but were just flaps.

Do those pockets have side entry as well? I can't tell from the photos.

Horn on the cuff is a bit much, moving the buttons there would balance everything out.

Two button throat closure instead of the flap is a nice touch too. When worn buttoned up does it end up giving that shape tech jackets give where there is a sort of bowl covering up your neck and chin, flowing around into the hood? I love it when coats do that :nodding:

Still a really beautiful coat though. First time I've seen the ToJ duffel and I like what I see!

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No button for pocket, no wrist strap, handwarmer for pocket and allow us to choose neck length and hood size.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tween is right, the flaps would look awesome without the buttons. Should do that! Otherwise just leather tips would be good, that's an awesome duffle Drew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads