• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
**** varsity. donkey leather fencing.

i dont know about donkey. but i would purchase a fencing over a moto even... and im in love with the moto

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this, remembered yesterday's events. The weather's been considerably nicer this week than it had been since probably October, and I had a long walk to get to my fraternity's picture session for our composite. I was wearing a pair of WvG khaki chinos, a RLBL dress shirt, a Tanner Goods belt, and my Calfskin Moto. Oh yeah, and some brick soled Sperrys (I know, strange ensemble).

Steeze (figuratively) drips off this jacket. I caught chicks staring me down as I walked the 8 blocks it took. I saw dus looking at me jealously. If you want a leather jacket, and don't want too much going on, get a Moto. It will up your game fast. Just be ready for it.

I could only imagine what would have happened if I was in moderately better shape and wearing a lamb DR...

nickelcobalt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Just wanted to post this, remembered yesterday's events. The weather's been considerably nicer this week than it had been since probably October, and I had a long walk to get to my fraternity's picture session for our composite. I was wearing a pair of WvG khaki chinos, a RLBL dress shirt, a Tanner Goods belt, and my Calfskin Moto. Oh yeah, and some brick soled Sperrys (I know, strange ensemble).

Steeze (figuratively) drips off this jacket. I caught chicks staring me down as I walked the 8 blocks it took. I saw dus looking at me jealously. If you want a leather jacket, and don't want too much going on, get a Moto. It will up your game fast. Just be ready for it.

I could only imagine what would have happened if I was in moderately better shape and wearing a lamb DR...

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

hi, i'm synthese.

Funksy

Reaction score

I'm still thinking about a calf Moto. Anything you think someone interested in one should know about it?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Funksy, if you ever come up to Seoul, you can check out dizzhizz' calf moto (he has lamb and calf) live

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ nothing that hasn't already been said. Toj calf is really thick if you haven't handled it, and it takes forever to break in (not a bad thing). However, it feels and looks like armor and the thick leather does the strong shoulders justice in giving a foundation for the piece to drape. Very cool piece. In the late fall, when I wore it, I would always ding up my hands putting them into the pockets because the zippers were so heavy duty. Awesome awesome quality. If I had to do it again though, I'm unsure if I would have gone Moto instead of DR. The only reason I leaned towards Moto was because I didn't think I could rock the DR, which was silly: Anyone can rock anything; all they need to do is think they can and act like they can. Speaking of which, I'm long overdue to have ordered my lamb DR...
frown.gif

Funksy

Reaction score
Well, I have the intention of actually using this when I get my bike in Japan. So calf is pretty much set in stone. As far as the choice between moto and DR, my style has always been more reserved, so the moto is just more appealing to me. Its not a question of whether or not I think I can pull it off like it is for some. That being said, being able to look at both in person may change my mind
wink.gif

lucidy

Reaction score
Navy fishtail goodness on it's way. Next week is going to be very good.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lucidy
Navy fishtail goodness on it's way.
Hope this means my navy duffle shipped in the same batch.
redface.gif

Brown calf bomber is about due too... 2011, year of steez.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads