TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

:nodding::nodding::nodding:

2. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

I'm proud to say that I just placed an order with the temple in a single e-mail. (light grey toj1 w/ bukkake)

Looking through my old e-mail threads with Charly has been pretty entertaining.. My first order's thread was ~150 posts. LOL

Progress.

3. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

The same people do the toj1's as the bombers right? God all you varsity lovers gumming up the works for my bombers delivery :fu:

4. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Jesus Christ... I feel bad when an order takes more than 2 emails.

5. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

That's nice man, I like how slim the sleeves are and how they don't puff out larger than the cuffs (if that makes any sense), same with the bottom hem. Possible to get this type of fit with the a2 bomber or are the body and sleeves inherently more billowy?

6. wcarson89

wcarson89 Senior member

TOJ1 2011, all black everything. Love the fit. It is a stock 48 and fits a little snug but I think it will loosen as I wear and break it in.
    [​IMG]

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that's a great fit carson

(just letting everybody who can't flip their monitor over know what's there) :eek:

8. burlawa

burlawa Well-Known Member

Are the wrist straps available on this years peacoat?

9. impolyt_one

no. All peacoats look the same this year, but we added a working cuff with a one button closure. It's clean and inconspicuous, can't even see that from the front view. I've always hated the wrist straps, they don't match the style of the rest of the jacket. They were a customer add-on and then more people added them on. :fu:

10. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

I really like the idea of the one button working cuff. I've got two button ones on another coat, and I love it.

Who makes the wool coats anyways? You've got the TOJ1/bomber guys and the DR guys.

11. impolyt_one

DR guys make the coats. They can make anything. The Bomber guy works cleaner, more precise, but the DR guy is a true artist and has his own set 'style' that I combine with my designs, and we make good things. Sampling with him doesn't even take more than one or two tries, we've got a very locked-in design relationship.

12. Mr. Rosewater

Mr. Rosewater Active Member

Whiskey 2010 DR or black bomber? eehhhhh? Don't say both.

13. impolyt_one

black Bomber, because whisky is now sold out :eek:

If you want the wild shit, there's a new pale olive green that would look insane in some of the rider's styles. :devil:

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

just put the fur on my uncontrol DR because it's getting pretty cold here

too big, had to take it off ... need to find some fur conditioner or something

15. impolyt_one

Updates:

Me and Charly have pretty much gone over all the ins and outs of the new TOJ stuff, we're really solid there, so fire off your orders to him and he will get you in without fail now. He has a lot more time and energy to put into the communications that I could never do this year up til now, I just had a hectic existence in 2011 - I went on a long vacation, moved countries, went on a couple smaller trips, I've been on like 25 flights this year and it just is not stopping. :eek: A lot of blood, sweat, and tears for the jawnz.

If you've made an order with us that you haven't received still - don't worry, it's in, and we keep the orders in order by date. We can't do every thing in that exact order but we try to stick to that as closely as possible in terms of production order. TOJ1's, like I said, were popular, probably about 3X more so than I expected, and they just never let up - so there were tons of orders for those. On the bright side, a ton are also shipping today, I think there are like 3 or 4 racks looking like this, awaiting packaging and shipment:
    [​IMG]

We are once again, at last the same 3 person team as before, and it's a tight little machine we run now. Looking good as gear up for winter, and coat production. Peacoats are available now and the duffle and the rest will come soon. We put them in while I was here in Seoul.