TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Drew, I realized I sent you a shitload of american dollars without getting a written confirmation from you beforehand. I hope that's not exceedingly taboo.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

2. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

VTG CM? :slayer:

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

and a girlfriend dr :embar:

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Synth, you're good, I just can't write the Hemingway I need to write you in response as of the past 36 hrs, preparing for the Seoul trip and there hasn't been enough booze to make the words sound as sexy as you truly deserve. I'm greasing gears in Seoul tomorrow though, and will have like 3 of Steve Jobs' best internet connected inventions on me, so I will have the manuscript in the mail.

The rest of the you guys: don't worry about beautiful words, let's just do inches.

5. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

^ best reason I can think of to get a girlfriend

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

wrong. Best reason to get a girlfriend: you have somebody to measure you for TOJs according to my TOJ sizing guide. :eek:

7. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

lol nah. I might have him take an inch or so off the coat and sleeve length at the most.

I did use the instructions posted recently and documented my measurements off it. Since the only option on the peacoat is the length tweaks and nothing else and the stock measurements (XS) are nearly identical, the only thing I am unsure of it the desired length-I am waiting on my existing peacoat to return from the tailor and I will take my length measurements there.

Yes the instructions does say not to use winter coats/blazers, etc. but this should`nt be a problem taking measurements off a peacoat to apply to another peacoat now will it?

Also, I am assuming the toj peacoat is straight all the way around at the bottom hem (i.e. the back isn`t longer than the front or vice-versa). This old pic shows the length (#3) calculated at the base of a TOJ collar.
    [​IMG]
    Now I have a jcrew peacoat and that base measurement of the collar on the toj probably isn`t the same as the one on the jcrew, so can I just take the measurement off the BACK of the coat from the bottom collar in the middle and straight down the bottom? I see this as a more accurate measurement

8. redonya07

redonya07 Active Member

Been lurking for some time...since Drew said to post sizing questions here instead of through e-mail I thought I'd post my inquiry about the TOJ1.

Using Islander's equation:
    40" chest x 1.08 = 43.2 / 2 = 21.6" = get a size 50 (21.7")? I'm worried that might be too tight for a "slim" fit but I'm worried a size 52 would be too big (the chest area may be fine but I would need to take 3 or so inches off the front/back length). Perhaps the TOJ1 is not meant for my body type?

Provided my body measurements in case it might help (I'm 5'8, 168 lbs., athletic build):
    Shoulder: 17 inches
    Chest: 40 inches
    Ribcage: 31.5 inches
    Waist: 32 inches
    Front Length: 20.5 inches
    Sleeve: 24.5 inches
    • Raglan Sleeve: 33.5 inches (added inch included to accommodate)
    Bicep: 14.5 inches

I know the measurement guide is pretty straightforward but as someone mentioned earlier the reason I'm seeking advice is because I'm a first time buyer, so I just want to make sure I get everything right the first go. Anyway the TOJ1 is all I can afford at the moment but what I really want to get eventually is an A2 (finally own a legit leather jacket); just wanted to get my feet wet before diving in the glory of TOJ.

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Any chance of a 2011 TOJ Duffle?

10. 2balls

2balls Senior member

You seem very egg-shaped for a 40" chest with 17" s2s. I'd go with the 50- Keep in mind the s2s on the 50 is 19". I bet you could probably squeeze into a 48...

11. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

It's raglan sleeved, so there really isn't a shoulder. And he's not getting into a 48 with a 40 inch chest. Best would be to go with a 50 with about 2-3 inches off the body and sleeves. Should look good.

12. Islander

Islander Senior member

I think the 50 would be a good slim fit. By the way it's not my equation and I don't own a TOJ1. The ratio thing worked well for my bomber. So, yeah... just think it through before you place your order and then take Drew's advice.

13. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

Anyone want to sell their size 44-45 DR to me? :D

14. redonya07

redonya07 Active Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to remeasure my shoulders tonight to just be sure. But yeah thanks again for the help.

15. hell0w0rld

hell0w0rld Active Member

It's a TOJ.

Funny to see pictures of my friends up here. I was across the street at Katz Deli when they were ordering gelato in that picture.

I was visiting NY during the weekend with some friends. My friend was in his varsity and I was in my DR. We were stopped several times in SoHo and asked about our jackets. Gave out the good word...:slayer:

Also, shout out to Willy for sending me a great list of recommendations in NY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]